About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2020 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Oct-31 by Terry (abquitsmking); 20830 views.
Anne2020

Jan-21

I quit cold turkey as well and like you had used NRT's in the past, which always failed.  I also re-read Alan Carr. 

When I quit, just stopped smoking, I found the cravings disappeared quit early on.  Your quit sounds allot like mine.  It all seems so easy compared to others on this forum or other attempted quits in my past.  One person described it to me as 'smoking left me'.

Now I am past a year and going strong.  Congratulations to you as well.  

Cheers!  

gkim

Jan-22

Congrats Anne! I too quit cold turkey and I’m also one of those that the quitting was relatively , I don’t want to say “easy” but I guess easier than some other people. The cravings still come but it’s a passing thought. Mornings and after finishing a taxing tasks makes me want it but of course I just ignore the thoughts. Tomorrow will be 80 days for me. When I get to 90 I will stop counting days and count months. Then God willing, count years! 

F4ul

Jan-23

Hey, thanks for checking up on me sorry for replying this late but I'm doing way better I don't feel the urge to smoke anymore and I'm way happier than before not that much. But yeah also sorry for replying late college work is keeping me busy and also tomorrows my birthday so that's that too but I'm more excited for March 18 when it will be year since I quit

gkim

Jan-23

That’s great. College is stressful but life is general can be too. We all need healthier ways to deal with “life.” So glad you’re ok and looking forward to your one year anniversary. I think counting days or months really keeps me in check and motivates me. Do exciting that you’ll have a year! You’re so lucky that you quit earlier in life. You may not have done damage to your lungs and therefore the chance of getting lung cancer is low. I just saw my pulmonologist and she told me that damages to the lung can’t be repaired ever but one thing I can do to decrease my change of getting lung cancer is not smoking. It’s really scary of some damages we’ve done to our body is permanent. But good news to us longtime smokers is that if we stop what damage we did do won’t get worse. Anyhow, stay strong F4ul!

Anne2020

Feb-1

Well done on 80 days.  It is a blessing to have such an easy time and one that we cannot ignore or waste.  You are well on your way to a smokefree lifetime.  I hope you will cherish your good luck.

Cheers to your good health.

gkim

Feb-1

Hello my November buddies! I hope you are all well and staying quit. 

Did we lose Johnny84?

fortemdomina

Feb-11

I think maybe we did, but even though I am not on as much anymore I am still going strong. Having some anxiety tonight which I associate with wanting to smoke. First time in a month or more. Breathing through it and tomorrow is a new day. Today marks 75 days I think. Hard to believe

gkim

Feb-11

How awesome! Just coming here when you need to is the purpose of this forum. It’s great that you are managing well. I’m over my three months. I find it incredible to believe too. I think Jonny has left us and I haven’t heard from some others either. I hope they come back. Good to heard from you !

fortemdomina

Feb-11

Thanks for reaching out. We should keep checking in. How about Vickie? Is she still with us?

yes I think you quit at the beginning of the month and I was closer to the end of the month. Another 2 weeks or so and I will be at 3 months

CC to Vickie106
gkim

Feb-11

I haven’t seen Vickie either and nothing from F4ul. Our November group seems to be shrinking.

Stay strong and yes, definitely check in from time to time.