About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2 Years Smober!   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Nov-7 by spartanfan; 881 views.
spartanfan

Nov-7

WOOHOO!!!

I did it!!  2 years!

according to my smoke free app, I have saved $7578.68 usd (more since I know prices have gone up since quitting), not smoked 20,483 cigarettes, regained 183 days of life and have spent the equivalent of 71 days NOT smoking.  Remarkable.

to those who helped me—thank you for changing my life.  For those who were on the journey with me—I miss you and think of you often and hope you’re all still smoke free as well!  And for those just beginning—you’ve got this.  Visit this forum as often as you can.  Read, share, repeat.  I will forever credit the people here for getting me though the hardest days.  Without them I don’t think I would have been able to stay smoke free.  celebrate each and every milestone...daily/weekly/monthly victories, staying smoke free during an emotionally difficult time, the first time you realize you haven’t thought about smoking all day.  Celebrate it all!

xxoo, Julie 11/7/18

Eve1973

Nov-7

Congratulations Julie! Awesome job! 

Like the App part about how much life you have gotten back! That’s about 6 months! Nice! Yep this forum is amazing!

Keep it up, and always NOPE!

Best to you

Eve 1/30/2020

SusanK1960

Nov-7

Spectacular accomplishment, Julie!  

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-8

Great achievement Julie,i am a new quitter and it really motivates me to focus into that two year milestone.thanks for the message.but,i didnt get the part of that 71 days equivalent of Not smoking.Coul you explain please?anyone please.

CC to Loreficent
spartanfan

Nov-8

Hi Joel, 

thanks!  The app that I used to help me track my quit had me input how much I smoked (about a pack and a half a day) and it estimated that most people spend 5 minutes smoking each cigarette.  So by quitting, I’ve spent that many days not smoking...does that make more sense?  The app is called Smoke Free...I found it to be really helpful, it may help you!

all my best on your journey!  You can do it!

j

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-8

Hi Julie,good explanation.well understood.i also use an application called quit tracker but it doesnt have an option that displays  the time gained on non smoking.i will look forward for the application.i hope its there in Android and thankyou for this wonderful information.Keep going and we are proud of your achievement.

Nice NOPING Julie. Wow 2 years ago you changed your life for the better! Now you have an 80% chance of remaining quit for life. I still remember how difficult staying quit was. Now I can go anywhere anytime and not get so anxious for having that insane drug addiction. We all need to live without cigarettes and this forum gave us the tools and support to reach our goal. Your milestone post will definitely inspire new quitters and will help them stick with the NOPE pledge so  staying quit becomes the automatic response to the addiction. The pay it forward method really does work. Congratulations and now onto year 3 for you. relaxedblush

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Robin212

Nov-20

Hi Julie! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Wow! Hope you celebrated big..well deserved! You worked so hard at your quit and nailed it.

I will be joining you in celebrating 2 years on 12/31 and I can't even believe it.

What a journey!

Hope life is good and you and your family are safe.

Warmly, 

Robin xo

BIG Congrats Julie on 2 years smober...Way to Go!! Yes it was so HARD to remain smoke-free each day...what a battle!! But we made it thru and am so thankful, happy and grateful to be smoke-free. Who would have thought that time in 2018 would be the "Good Ol' days??!! And here we are in this Pandemic. Glad we don't have to worry about smoking now.  No thoughts of cigs or smoking now...an occasional "ping" sometimes when I have a GREAT cup of coffee. I love drinking coffee in the Fall when the weather turns cool. My brain remembers that I smoked with coffee for 42 years. I honestly do not even remember what brand of cigs I smoked. Thankful and Blessed to never want or desire to smoke again. Gonna keep keeping on. Hope you and your family are staying well and safe during the pandemic. I am alone and isolated and feel lonely at times. No social life whatsoever. I take care of my 92 Y O Dad 2 days/week and go to grocery store every 2 weeks. Glad a vaccine is almost a reality...we should have it in our arms by June of 2021. I am SO ready for this plague (and 2020!!) to be gone!!

Gloria

Emancipated since 30 Jul 2018...How Sweet it is!!sunflower

Screwadriver

Nov-22

Way to go Julie, I bet your household members are all very proud your accomplishments. I hit 2 years Nov 25 and ain't going back. You continue to inspire others...