About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

So good to see all who are on their way to a smoke free life!   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-19 by VARTX; 426 views.
VARTX

Nov-19

Hello all, it is good to be back.  I used this forum and the advice and support of all my fellow quitters almost 10 years ago, April 4, 2011 to be exact, to kick this demon called smoking.  Today I am still nicotine free after 29 years of enslavement.  I want to wish all of you the best and tell you just how wonderful it will be to be free of it all.  It will take patience and determination but you can do it!!  I was that one a day cig, "ok, now I will give up that last one and be free" kind of smoker in the end but the only way to truly quit and be clean and "smober' is to just kick it all...God bless you and the best of success!

In reply toRe: msg 1
Eve1973

Nov-19

Awesome var, congratulations. I will some day be an “old timer” and write an encouraging note! Thanx for sharing!

Eve 

1/30/2020

VARTX

Nov-19

Yes, you will and even though you think you are all done with this forum and no longer need the support you can come back from time to time and remember when!  Why not download a quit meter and track the amount of cigs you are not smoking and the dollars you are saving?? I loved that!  Best of luck to you.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Eve1973

Nov-19

Thanx for wishing me luck....lol. About the quit meter, would like to but have no idea how. Honestly I’m ok about being technically challenged. 

I haven’t left this forum since started. Made to many friends and we are all supportive of each other. Also quitting during Covid is extremely difficult! So for right now going to stay put!

Stay safe!

VARTX

Nov-19

thumbsupSounds great!  Hang in there!

TinyBadger

Nov-20

I use a free app called easy quit. It's pretty neat.

Eve1973

Nov-20

Ok it’s not the money, it’s the fact I have NO IDEA HOW TO DOWNLOAD Apps. Lol plus I have a dumb phone. Aka flip phone 

TinyBadger

Nov-24

Oh my word! I must say that I have some serious concerns about you! Just kidding. There are a lot of people out there with dumb phones so you aren't alone. Phones are made to make calls. I like texting a lot, too. Everything else is just a cherry on the top. Maybe you can find something for your computer to tally things up. Oh, hey! You could carve slashes in to your bedroom wall to show time served! Like in prison! What's your quit date and I'll get you a calculation. Make sure you tell me what you paid for a pack and how many packs a day. 

Eve1973

Nov-25

Tiny, 

Haha not the first time that someone has expressed concern over my mental state! Lol. I agree I will text and call people. 

Not sure why but BF gets VERY CONCERNED when I stand on bed with machete...... I did tell him it was your IDEA! He didn’t seem impressed. So think slashing the wall is out. 

my quit date was 1/30/202

Amount paid $7.00 a pack

Smoked approximately 30 cigs a day.

Cant wait to hear! Keep me updated!

TinyBadger

Nov-25

I'm going to start a timer on my phone for you, but just to get you started smoke free.gov says that at the rate you smoked, in a year you will have saved 3,833.00! Holy carp! In ten years that's over 40 thousand dollars! You'll be rolling in the dough! I'm at work now but I'll give you the full report when I get home.