About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

JoelJose TWO MONTHS!!!   Dots and Stars Milestones

Started Nov-22 by Loreficent; 893 views.
Loreficent

Nov-22

Good morning Joe!

How does it feel today to be two months smoke free? heart_eyes

I am very proud of you my friend! Hope you have a very good day and get to celebrate with some World’s Best Chocolate Milk! I have a little left to toast especially for you on this accomplishment, and if you are lucky, I will toast with some Devil’s Brew I made just for you too!stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

Have a wonderful day Joe, and do something nice for yourself today to celebrate. You deserve it! I’m happy you are on the journey with us!heart_eyes_cat

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-22

Hi Lorie... Thankyou so much. How are you?? I have to talk to you more. You know what? I am busy all the days!but i will always stick close to you. I have French classes on weekdays and i changed my work shift from monday and tuesday night to saturday and sunday morning shift.

At this point, i dont feel much motivated as i hit the first month  smokefree and i still occasionally miss cigarettes but keeps on telling its not an option anymore. There might be numerous reasons for this lack of motivation. Might be i am missing the initial motivation that i have been receiving from the forum through out, especially with you Lorie.you are always close to my heart and it will always remain like that.and i have saved some extra bucks from2 months of smokefree days and am deciding to gift myselves on the coming black friday!i am always a gadget freak i am planning to get a over ear headphones that i dont have. I have in-ear samsung buds. I narrowed down my choice to sony and bose. Do you have any suggestions?? You might have good music sense and better headphone preferences as you are a heavy metal head.

Bose or sony? I dont like beats apple always sucks??????

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-22

I really deserve some strong positive talk here to increase my motivation levels not to smoke. Sometimes i have that hard feeling of why bother.

spartanfan

Nov-22

Congrats on 2 months!!  Definitely buy yourself something with your savings and as a gift for what you’ve accomplished!  2 months is a big deal...he’ll, every month for the first year is huge.  At 6 months I bought myself the Disney castle LEGO set...it sits where I can see it every day and is a subtle reminder of what I was able to do.  It is a long, hard process, but you are doing it!   Think of this journey of quitting not as you giving something up (something that was trying to kill you) but as a journey to your freedom...those stupid cigarettes will no longer control you.  You are stronger than them and you can beat the addiction.  

keep up the fight!  
julie 11.7.18

Eve1973

Nov-22

2 months is huge. As Julie said think of it NOT as giving up something but freeing yourself! I know it is SO TOUGH in the beginning months but seriously do you want to go back? You have stopped poisoning yourself! Yes we all were slowly killing ourselves. 

Stop and breathe in. Do you have a hard time? Did you wheeze? If not then your lungs are healing! 

So today take a hard look at the savings you have accumulated and say I am saving up for ............a great gift to myself.

I bought a new vehicle and use what my “cig” money for car payment and still have savings from what I spent on cigs.

cig money a month $280.00

Car payment $ 170.00

Jaka38

Nov-22

Congratulations Joel. That's fantastic. Did you think you will come that far when you started? I know I didn't, for myself. That's why it feels much much better, does it? Buy yourself something if that makes you happy. Why not. So your next milestone is 3 months. That one is important,  so keep up. I'm right behind you joy

Loreficent

Nov-22

Hi Joe!

How was your anniversary? I toasted you with chocolate milk while I worked. Hope it was good. You sounded kind of down, so I’m glad to see some other friends hopped in with encouragement. Did it help and you made it through the day ok?

Loreficent

Nov-22

That’s awesome Eve! It must feel really good every time you get in your car. Looks like you got money for insurance and gas too! All from quitting! Yippeee!!tv There isn’t a car emoji here so I put the thing I could find closest to having a motor!, lol! 

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-23

Thankyou Julie... Your words are really inspiring.and you made a good selection from the money gained!Lego bricks are amazing indeed. Do you play with that often? What structures you make with the lego?Congratulations for 2 years being smoke free. You made it!and i am on your way. I hope i will make it from two months to two years, two years to three and so on it goes.

GI_JOE (JoelJose)

Nov-23

Honestly, i dont want to go back Eve. Those desperate  days of craving for a cigarettes are over. I am closing that Chapter from my life.Thankyou for the words of encouragement Eve and it means a lot to me. Seriously, that was too much money!spend on cigs per month. And you made a wise decision as you bought a car for yourself. Wow. Which is the year and make? You bought it on installment?it was high time for me to quit cigarettes as i started to smoke in the car and it was turning into a habit. So glad i quit before it took me.and i want to maintain this quit and enjoy the freedom with you.