About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

New-Day 5   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-24 by clea20; 228 views.
clea20

Nov-24

Hello,

Day 5 of my first “real” attempt to quit smoking. I’ve been smoking since I was 13...49 now. Coming off of quarantine, due to having Covid, with pneumonia. Feeling good, yet still have the strong urges of “just one hit,” will make things better. I know one would lead to two, and so on. Never do I ever want to start all over again. Today the urges have started to lessen. I am using the patch, and plan on following through, with the weeks/strengths recommended.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Vickie106

Nov-24

Hi and congratulations!  I’m on day 6 and unfortunately it’s not my first attempt.  Also using the patch with an occasional nicotine gum to deal with the really tough cravings.  If you want, there’s also a thread for other November warriors. relaxed

In reply toRe: msg 1
strong1977

Nov-25

Hey there! I am glad that your okay, this pandemic totally sucks and it's extremely scary for sure, but your getting thru this and i am glad to hear this. you are doing well with your quit, day five is good, your going to get thru this just like you did with Covid, really  though smoking is a mind over matter, if your not thinking of smoking then you won't smoke but if your wanting to give in them you will...you can do this. I am someone who has nine years in without smoking it's a never ending battle for sure, but i am so thankful that my husband and i stopped smoking 

keep going you got this!

Liz

clea20

Nov-25

Congrats on your 9 years, and Thanks