About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 26974 views.
Lubbercat

Aug-17

Diana

Sounds like you were having a really rough day..........people need to get over themselves and learn how to get along even when they have different opinions!  Just sorry that you had to lose a friend over this, that really sucks.  And right when you could really use a friend to stand by you with quitting and the painting mess.

Tell Violet Happy Birthday and I hope she has a great celebration today!

And, no worries........you can let out steam at me any day you want!

On to a great day today!  Tuesday it is......Hugs

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-17

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!  Feel a heck of a lot better this morning!  Thanks!  Headed out in a bit to hang with my granddaughter and celebrate her day with her!  She has her first day of PreK tomorrow...so big moment for her!  

As far as my ex friend...ugh...have long been graduated from high school...to be involved in petty drama...i dont always understand other people's viewpoints...but i respect the fact they are entitled to them...just expect the same in return. 

Anyhoot...what do you have going on for the week?  

Hugs 

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-17

Good Afternoon 

Well I am sure you have heard of all the turmoil we are having here in the country over masks and vaccines...it is becoming more and more volatile.  I don't get it either...

Both hubby and I enjoyed our wine! LOL definitely was what we needed after yesterday's crap!  I did stock up on fresh veggies and fruit...so would have them on hand.  My hubby is the person who snacks on sweet stuff, where as I prefer my tortilla chips with queso dip!  But behaving...LOL  am sure i will have my moment!  and it will be ok!  Don't be too hard on yourself, you should be rewarding yourself every day!  Stay focused on your quit!   

Hope your Tuesday is terrific!

Hugs

Diana

Lubbercat

Aug-17

Diana

The week, overall, is going to be busy.  Got friends that I am meeting with on Friday evening, Saturday a surprise party for a friend I need to be at, and Sunday taking a friend to her friend's house that is a couple hours away.  In between all that, I just need to work for the next 3 days and today, keep regular house work done.........book club tonight, pick up grand daughter tomorrow night, dentist on Thursday.........Should be doable but also need to get the mulch spread on evening.  We will see how this all plays out!

Have fun with the little one.........preK is a huge ordeal, they all grow up too fast

xvaper

Aug-17

Dianna,

Maybe you mean this book? its free online:

https://whyquit.com/ffn/index.html 

I re-read parts of it again and again for affirmation. If you read it only once, your brain will try to suppress, you have to retrain the brain, and it really helps with reasoning.

Next time cigarettes smell  good to you, remind yourself it is the smell of cyanid, Racine, Lead , Formaldehyde and Benzine burning. 

If you still have an urge, go to your car, turn it on, walk around to the exhaust pipe, kneel down and a take deep breath. Since that is essentially what we are doing, only in a small paper stick. Except the exhaust pipe doesn't have cyanid and Racine. Sounds moronic right? Now think, what if the exhaust fumes also contained Nicotine? what if we were bombarded with movies from the 1920's to today with images of Hollywood stars with a martini in their hand sucking fumes from the back of a car, would we still do it?

YEP.

That image and reasoning helps me a lot :)

In reply toRe: msg 109
xvaper

Aug-17

7 weeks today!! Doing it. Go on Augustarians, you can do it too. Let's continue supporting each other!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-17

Good Evening!  

Oh my!  you definitely have a super busy week ahead of you!  I think that is awesome!  Would much rather be busy than trying to figure out what to do with myself and my thoughts!  LOL!  Enjoy Book Club!  

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-17

Woohoo!!!  7 weeks is awesome!  Keep up the fight!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Aug-17

Hey there...

Not exactly that book either...but same context!  Thanks by the way...downloaded that...so can read it!

And honestly dont want me to answer that last question...when you see what i see on social media and the news...about the what folks are willing to believe!  LOLOLOLOL