About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

August 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Aug-1 by Terry (abquitsmking); 43857 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

Nov-2

Tomorrow will be your big 3 Month mark!!!  YAY!  and today is 13 weeks for you right?!  Woohoo!  

Not much going on over here....trick or treat was fun!  For Thanksgiving, we are going to Virginia to visit hubbys mom....we havent seen her since 2017...usually Thanksgiving is at my house...but this is going to be rough...as my dad passed away last year on the 22nd...and his birthday is the 27th..so...will be good to see my MIL...and it is long over due! 

I wish my hubby would go somewhere sometimes..LOL I am thinking of trying to find an office job...so i can get out of the house...

Lubbercat

Nov-2

Diana

Yes, tomorrow is my 3 months and today is 13 weeks.  Yay is right, it has been a struggle some days.  They are there every time I am at home and my boss at work smokes as well.........some days it sounds really good and some days the smell makes me sick!  Your 2 months will be on Thursday or Friday?  We are actually doing this........

I imagine your holidays will be hard, I get that........Changing things up should help to make it a little easier though.  

I was up on the Ashtabula covered bridge trail on Sunday and thought about you.  One of these days when I am heading north, we will have to meet up somewhere.

As for getting rid of the husband, I would go crazy if I was at home with him every day........I am in the office 5 days a week and then do a lot of running on the weekends......then we have the 6-7 weeks every year for the holidays that he goes away.  I spend more time away from my husband then I spend with him!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Nov-2

Thursday will be my 13 week mark....and Friday will be my 3 month mark!  

Been trying to coordinate everything with hubby's sister...regarding the menu...will be a traditional puerto rican dinner...so should be awesome!  

I think that is why we bought a huge house...hubby has his mancave in basement...has his own office...i have my shespace in the attic...and my own office as well...but yea...think i need to find a job...doing something!

Denim50

Nov-2

Hey Lubbercat, 

Big Congratulations on 13 weeks smoke Free today! That's terrific! I'm so happy for you! I can't wait to congratulate you on three months tomorrow too. What a wonderful achievement! I hope you have two absolutely amazing days celebrating.
"YAY LUBBERCAT!" 

Hugs. 

Have a great day.  

• Edited November 2, 2021 11:39 pm  by  Denim50
Lubbercat

Nov-3

Denim

Thank you so much.......Busy couple of weeks, not just days.  Doing lots with friends and family just normal holiday stuff but this year I am just trying to enjoy each and every moment!

In reply toRe: msg 474
Denim50

Nov-3

Hey Lubbercat, 

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS on three smoke free months! That’s wonderful! You did it and you’re doing great! Woohoo! Yay you! I hope you have a very special day celebrating your achievement. What a terrific milestone! Have fun celebrating. You deserve it. I wish you all the best as you continue forward.

“WAY TO GO LUBBERCAT!”  

Have a great day.  

Denim50

Nov-3

Hey Lubbercat, 

Lol, you posted this to me as I was making a three month post to you. I’m so glad you’re staying busy and having fun with family and friends and I’m glad to hear that you’re enjoying every moment. You deserve to and I’m so happy for you! I hope all of you have a wonderful and fun-filled holiday season. 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

Nov-3

Hey Freckles, 

15 weeks! Amazing! BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU! That’s great! I hope you have a very special day celebrating too. You’ve so much to celebrate and be proud of. Congratulations also on staying strong through those rough spots. Quitting isn’t easy but you’re doing it and look how far you’ve come. So proud of you and I know you’re proud of yourself too and rightly so. This first year is so important and freedom awaits. Keep going, keep staying strong, and I know you’ll get there. You are doing this and you’re doing awesome. A day at a time has become 15 weeks. So happy for you! I hope you celebrate, have a amazing day, and treat yourself to something as terrific as you are! You deserve it. Way to go Freckles! Kudos to you! 
“WONDERFUL ACHIEVEMENT FRECKLES!” 

Have a great day.  

Kathie61

Nov-3

Hello!  I have 88 days today.  Still having some “ manageable “ cravings but I feel great! My head is trying to tell me how much I miss smokes. Cunning addiction. 

Denim50

Nov-4

Hey Kathie, 

Congratulations on reaching 13 weeks smoke free! It’s good to see you post here again. I’m so happy not only to celebrate this terrific milestone with you but to also hear that you’ve managed to hold onto your quit! That is such great news! I recall your quit date as Aug. 6, 2021. That puts you at 13 weeks today (counting the days themselves. However, if you do as Lubbercat and Diana and just celebrate weekly milestones each week on the same day as the day of your quit..that would mean that you celebrate them every Friday. In which case this would be slightly early. Please let me know how you prefer to do it too, thanks.) Anyway, either way this is a wonderful achievement! I’m so happy for you and glad that you’ve returned to post again. I’m sure we’re all glad to have you back. Speaking of being back..back to your celebration. You truly do have a lot to celebrate this week. Thirteen weeks smoke free and a three month celebration and milestone Saturday. That’s fabulous! Again, so happy for you! You have a lot to be so proud of in yourself and with your quit. No doubt that we’re all proud of you too. I hope you have a great day celebrating your amazing accomplishment and do something special for yourself. You deserve it. It takes so much to reach these wonderful milestones and you’re doing it! Yay you! I hope you do something special Saturday to celebrate your three month milestone too. We’ll be here to celebrate that one with you also. It really is good to hear from you again and to see how far you’ve come. Welcome back. I’m glad to hear that you’re feeling great too. Yes, it really is a cunning addition. Definitely can be something of a trickster. However, when those thoughts hit telling you or making you feel as though you’re missing something try turning them around (changing them). I leave a couple of articles here for you, in case you would like to take a look. I wish you all the best toward your continued smoke free success. So happy you’re feeling great though and holding strong. You’re doing wonderfully. So, congratulations, keep going, and cheers to you, celebrating 13 weeks and a three month milestone this Saturday! Woohoo! Fantastic achievements! Yay Kathie!  

Have a great day.