About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Quit yesterday   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Aug-24 by Savvy7; 1441 views.
Savvy7

Aug-24

Threw out my vape yesterday and haven't smoked in almost 24 hours. Been chewing nicotine gum. Prayed to Jesus for help and to set me free. Feeling good today. I don't want to be a slave to smoking anymore.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Anne2020

Aug-24

Way to go!!! Cheers!

In reply toRe: msg 1
xvaper

Aug-24

Welcome! I quit vaping for three months then relapsed on rolling tobacco. Im almost 2m months clean now. You are in charge, you can do it. Don't pay the tobacco companies (who own vape now) to kill yourself. Nicotine is not only addictive but has so many terrible health effects, mainly cancer. Congratulations on your quit. There is much material on it to read and watch. let me know if you need recommendations.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Savvy7

Aug-25

Congrats on almost 2 months! And thanks! On day 2 now.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Jatchat

Aug-25

Great work Savvy, I am on day 2 also.

xvaper

Aug-25

Thanks, we have to start somewhere, so congratulations on your decision to quit and making it to day 2.

Lubbercat

Aug-25

congrats on making it to day 2..........here is to hoping it has not been too bad?

Savvy7

Aug-25

That's awesome!

Savvy7

Aug-25

It has actually not been that bad. Probably because I'm chewing nicotine gum until I can handle being without it.