About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/21 by slowblumer; 29217 views.
Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/8/21

Wish you tons of success!  

Jono (Ian568)

9/8/21

Thank you for those supportive words and the link. Going OK so far.

Jono (Ian568)

9/8/21

Thanks Diana. Appreciate that.

Annemurray

9/8/21

18 days smoke free and feeling  terribly depressed. Will this go away? I'm prone to anxiety and depression which is probably why I smoked for 30 years. I'm so tired of the crappy feelings

Lubbercat

9/9/21

Jono

Welcome and congratulations on your decision to quit smoking.  Good luck on your day 1

Lubbercat

9/9/21

Annemurray

Hi and welcome.  I can't promise that the depressed feelings will go away but, many of us have had issues around that 3 week mark so, hang in there and hopefully it will get better.  If you have struggled all your life with depression though, look for other ways to deal with that depression.  If it does not get better, you might want to talk to your doctor also, they can give you  meds or other suggestions that will help.  And, of course, you are always welcome to yell out to any of us to vent at as well.

48yrsmokin

9/9/21

Well. Here we go again!!!!!!!!!!  The one smoke won't hurt adage got me in Feb, of 2021 after a stop from Oct. 2019. BOY what a stupid move. All that time spent on not smoking to go up in smoke with 1 puff. Now it's time to go back to the torture !!!!!!!! Smoked my last 1 again and time to go thru the toture again. Last  smoke on 9-9 2021 at 8:24 A.M.. 2yrs after my heart stent. and almost death. Time to live again and be smoke free. Youall were part of the things that got me thru the last QUIT so I need the help again. Let me vent and rant and rave. and feels good. I don't need someone to coddle me. Just someone to be on My %^)^ to let me know It's the right way to go. So  will be posting        Thanks  Ed G

Lubbercat

9/9/21

Ed G

Well, welcome back.  You know what to do, just say NOPE!  Good luck, we are all here to listen if you need to yell!

Lubbercat

9/9/21

Diana

How are you hanging in there?  Sorry, I have mostly been off here because of the office closed for 5 days and I had a lot to get done at home!  Now getting ready for vacation to start on the eve of the 17th!  You are right at 5 weeks now?  Congratulations on that!  

Annemurray

9/9/21

Thank you for your reply. I'm not giving in. I already take medication. It's the nervous energy that gets me down; I can't seem to do anything productive. Trying to go for walks to work it out of my system. Glad to hear I'm not the only one that has a hard time at 3 weeks. I appreciate this forum so much right now