About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 9/3/21 by slowblumer; 29260 views.
Anne2020

9/9/21

Good news Annemurray - this will improve and you will most likely find, like most of us suffering from depression and generalized anxiety, that your condition greatly improves as your continue your quit.  It takes time, but over the course of days, weeks and months, your depression and anxiety will slowly dissipate and you may even find that you no longer require medication.

There is a great healing that takes place when you quit smoking.  Have patience and hold onto the knowledge that everyday, things will improve.

Cheers!!!     

Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/10/21

Hey Anne!  

Congrats on the 18 days...! that is a big deal...As a female...we tend to wrap our emotions around that nicotine stick...when you are happy you smoked...sad, smoked...mad...smoked...it was your wake me up...it was your everything..and when you decide to quit...the rationalizations of the addiction...start F$%#$ing with you.....in my opinion 99% of the quit process is the mind...there are some really good videos on you tube...as well as Whyquit.com.  I think it is important to understand...what nicotine is truly doing...and its effects on your brain, nervous system and body...nicotine has been fooling us!   Stick around!!!  Share your thoughts, frustrations etc...lots of folks on here!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/10/21

hey there!  

Did you survive DAY1?  Hope so!  

Down in the category of General Chit chat...there is a daily pledge..that i truly find tends to ground me...and keep me on the moment...and that is pledging that TODAY...you will swear...NOT ONE PUFF EVER..because as most repeat quitters know...it starts with permission to just have a puff..Hope that helps

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/10/21

Hi Ed!!!

When i look at my history...started pretty darn young too...I had a pretty lengthy quit...3 1/2 years....yet here i am 5 weeks into this quit..and dude, I have 8 stents...and unstable angina...and a host of other smoking related issues...  i have no business smoking whatsoever...and in my gut, I know I got to do this if I want to see my grandchildren grow up...and if i want to have some sort of quality of life.. We have a NOPE pledge in the general chit chat...I usually find my way over there...to find the current pledge... there is alot of great articles here as well as at whyquit.com...as you know...it is about the mindset...

one moment at a time...not one puff...period...

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/10/21

Hey there!  

Was going to write an update in the August thing...but what the heck...might as well write it here!  LOL  Enjoy the heck out of your Vacay...tomorrow we will finally be memorializing my dad...the week has been kinda stressful as my sister has been barking orders!  LOL  she is an event coordinator and interior designer...so been trying to make sure i stay two steps ahead of her.  My dads family is flying in today...he had 12 brothers and sisters...soooooo...LOL yep!  I am doing okay...working through all the moments...when i get an urge...usually when dealing with stress...and just unique things...that would have previously mandated a "well earned" nicotine fix...I have noticed i dont have them as often...however...the ones i do get seem stronger..and it could be..because of this funeral...dunno...but I am good...so far...been able to argue with my nicodemon...that NOPE...this moment...is not worth the lifetime of addiction...  that it has all been lies...sometimes i have to keep repeating that argument...and take deep breaths...i am getting ready to step down on my lozenges...I bought the 2mg. Figure it takes me about a week to go through one of these containers...which i think is pretty good...so think the step down wont be too noticeable...which hopefully fingers crossed...in a bit...will just be able to eliminate it all together...

Let's see what else...not much...I do need to get out and weed the garden...because of the painters and such...really didnt want to mess with anything...but you know the fiasco i have had with that...loving the cooler temps we are having...though saw...temps are going back up...  

Hope you have a fantabulous Friday...and spectacular weekend...

Hugs

Diana

Diana (DianaSaigo)

9/10/21

Hi Anne...the 3 week mark...is "different" .  Had my moments!  I do understand the issues...cause while i will be absolutely bored staring at my computer...i will get up...look around...and dont feel like cleaning...though things could probably use at least a straightening...or something...will walk through the house...and just really kinda lost...so end up back in front of my puter...

Hugs

Diana

Lubbercat

9/10/21

Diana

Sounds like you are doing great.  I do know how stressful funerals can be though so stay vigilant.  That and watch for the afterwards when you think, I made it...........that is usually more when I get into trouble.

I am very excited about vacation, just hoping that much time with my husband does not bring me to my knees on smoking!  I know there will be hard times being with him that much but hopefully I can just walk away from him when the urges hit.

I should weed my garden before I leave on vacation but, we will see if time allows.

Annemurray

9/10/21

Omg thank you! I never really believed that I was addicted to the nicotine, my mind was attached to the ritual and the moment. I could go an entire day without thinking of cigarettes (at a job where I couldn't smoke and coworkers didn't even know I smoked) but as soon as I got home I would smoke. I smoked wherever I allowed myself to, forming habits in those familiar moments. These are three moments that are the hardest. I will watch the YouTube videos. Thanks again! Day 20!!

Douglas8845

9/11/21

Hi Annemurray,

It definitely goes away.  I smoked Marlboro 100s red for over 30 years. Last July 23rd I completed my 9th year, smoke and nicotine free.  I remember being a smoker, but have completely forgotten cigarettes. If I did it....

Goofygal13

9/13/21

Congrats!! My quit day was Sept 9 as well!!! We can do this!!!