About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Sep-3 by slowblumer; 18724 views.
BigBoz4him

Sep-25

I wanted to mention that I think its wonderful you continue to be a part of this forum and help others such as myself.   What other methods have u used to stay off nicotine for this long????  

oxanquits

Sep-25

You can find there something which will inspire or help you at the particular moment. I used to choose the title from the quitting library which matched my mood, it’s nice to know it was written by real people who are probably still quit now.

I quit around 6,5 months ago, after 11 years smoking, tried many times before but only worked after I posted here. It’s a good place, wish you luck  

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

I like the idea of topic choice by mood...   sounds like something I might have to try (:  especially with my current and future need of motivation!!!    I feel like conditioning that motivation is key!!

And thats great you have been off for so long.  I think I will join you...    I feel so so much better without it...   I hate how addictive it is....  but in the end...  it a dirty trap!!

oxanquits

Sep-25

Try everything that might work for you, whatever it takes to not smoke today, day by day. It is a trap, don’t fall for anything this addiction tells you. No exceptions.

How long are you without nicotine?

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

Its been almost 48 hours now..   and you said it!   It is a the worst trap ever and past experience has told me to never let my guard down... nomatter how out of the woods I feel

BigBoz4him

Sep-25

Its been over 48 hours without nicotine!  Just so ya know (:

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-26

woohoo!!!!    i am with  you!    Moment by moment!!!   you got this.....   

hugs@  

BigBoz4him

Sep-26

Hey thanks!!!!   I appreciate it (:

BigBoz4him

Sep-26

It amazes me that nicotine is so addictive that it basically takes a lifetime of combat to prevent from starting again once hooked.  I wish I would have realized this before I started!!! 

BigBoz4him

Sep-27

I'm still doing well and hope that you are as well (: