About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

September 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Sep-3 by slowblumer; 22644 views.
BigBoz4him

Sep-26

It amazes me that nicotine is so addictive that it basically takes a lifetime of combat to prevent from starting again once hooked.  I wish I would have realized this before I started!!! 

BigBoz4him

Sep-27

I'm still doing well and hope that you are as well (:

Anne2020

Sep-27

You are doing great!!!  I lost my internet for a bit but I am back now.  The first 48 hours are the hardest.  Keep it up - you can make it.   

oxanquits

Sep-27

Happy 48+ hours, how is day 3 treating you?

BigBoz4him

Sep-27

Thanks!   I appreciate the encouragement. I am struggling a bit tonight but I am going to push through. Hope things are well with you. 

BigBoz4him

Sep-28

Hey, thanks for asking.  Its a little rough tonight to be honest. I am hanging in though and have no intention of giving in the the urge.  After all it makes me feel like trash in the short term and the long.  I have noticed that the idea of smoking is so much better than the activity itself.  lol. 

Loreficent

Sep-28

Not sure where you are, but the night is about 9pm here. 
Can you go to bed early?

Dont struggle too much. Take a deep breath, step back, and watch it play out. This really is the first big hump you are almost over, so ride it out. You will feel empowered tomorrow.

Dipo (diposs)

Sep-28

Well done BizBoz, you got this

BigBoz4him

Sep-28

Thanks for the support last night.  While I didn't respond, your words did help and I survived the night nicotine free. 

BigBoz4him

Sep-28

Thanks!  Quitting feels good but it is difficult for sure.  I am so used to having it be my coping mechanism that my instinct is to run right to it again.  Luckily my premade plan to handle stress worked!  What do you do in an unexpected stressful situation instead of smoking?