About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Passed 7 yrs   One Year and Beyond Milestones

Started Sep-7 by Joem8282; 967 views.
Joem8282

Sep-7

I just realized I had passed my quit date. Of September 1st. It's been I think since 2013 maybe 12. I wish I had took better track of the yr maybe a mod can say hey and tell me the yr. I miss my September group. Wasn't a lot of us but I know me and another got it done from that group (gtp something I think?). Any which way this site saved my life. It gave me the backing to quit and hang with others going through the struggle. 

The mods and people got me through the struggle so I'll say as I do yrly thanks for this site and people who help people quit smoking.

I've never smoked since and never plan to again. I hope everyone who joins this site does the same. I hope everyone takes that nope pledge and gets it done.  Till next yr good people!!

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Sep-8

Happy Smoberversary!

xvaper

Sep-9

Thanks Joe,

Happy anniversary. I am almost 10 weeks nicotine free. It's my second round here and I find the support I get here is crucial.

Thanks for stopping by!

Denim50

Sep-14

Hey Joe, 

Congratulations on seven years smoke free! That’s wonderful! 

Thank you for posting and sharing part of your quit journey story, and for your encouraging and inspiring words to newer quitters. It’s great when those who have years of freedom from this addiction come back to encourage others. 

As to the year of you quit and some of your quit-buddies, I can try to help you with that. You quit September 2014. A couple of your quit-buddies were: 

Tim (gtp1) and Craig (kfirebirds) 

Tim (gtp1) came to the forum in August 2015 and posted, hoping other members of the group would respond to his post when they became members of this site. Craig (kfirebirds) did respond that August. They both posted again, on that same thread, in June 2016. They have not posted on that particular thread since. However, according to the site, Tim (gtp1) last logged on June 6, 2019 and Craig (kfirebirds) last logged on June 4, 2020. I’ll leave a link to the Tim (gtp1) thread that I mentioned previously, in case you might want to post there and see if you get a response. I hope that you do and I wish you the very best with your attempt to reconnect with your quit-buddies. I also hope that they have been just as successful with their quits as you have and are off somewhere celebrating their seven years of freedom too. Here’s the link to that particular thread: 

https://forums.delphiforums.com/quit_smoking/messages/111/1

Of course, you could also try making a new post/thread and cc them. They may have notifications that, if they do, might alert them to your message, just a idea. Good luck. four_leaf_clover

Again, congratulations Joe!  

Have a great day. relaxed 

Joem8282

Sep-14

Thank you very much!! 

boylant22

Sep-16

Congratulations to you!!    What a wonderful achievement!

kittymom413

Sep-27

Congratulations to you!!! I just had my 6 year smoke free anniversary this past weekend. I'm thankful for this forum & for all the strong people that have come before me.

Have an amazing day,

Kitty cat

Joem8282

Sep-27

Congrats on your 6 yrs!!! Hard work pays off!!

xvaper

Oct-8

Well done, beautiful kitty you got there!