About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newbie   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Oct-7 by ckscanada; 722 views.
ckscanada

Oct-7

Hello Everyone! Just New here

Lubbercat

Oct-7

Welcome.  Have you started a quit?  Or are you just getting ready to start?  

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-7

Howdy!  

Welcome to the forum!  

Have you started your journey yet?  Best advice i have, is take it one day at a time...pledge Not one Puff today...and educate yourself...and keep those resources at hand...

Diana

BMann (bmann018)

Oct-21

Hi Diana,

Long time since I had the opportunity to reach out and see how you are doing. I wish you well and hope you are building strong quit muscles for your success. Stay strong and stay calm.

Also want to shout out to the newbie here and lubbercat. I can't say quitting was easy, but totally worth it. It gets much better over time and remember every nicotine fit I had passed, not one stayed on permanently.  Good luck.

Lubbercat

Oct-25

BMann

Good to hear from you.  Thanks for that encouragement and you are right, all those cravings do pass...........I will hit 12 weeks tomorrow morning.......those cravings get less and less.

Diana (DianaSaigo)

Oct-28

Hey Brian!

How are you?!!  Always great to hear from you!  I am staying quit!  Today is my 12 week mark!  It does get better over time....just cant let my guard down...cause sometimes...depending on my head space...it can be rough...but I know in my heart..that smoking isnt the answer...period...and by giving in...i will feel 100% worse and mad at myself...vs...just riding out the urge...and talking myself down...

Hugs

Diana

BMann (bmann018)

Oct-28

I would say a big congrats on 12 weeks, but know Denim beat me to it. No one ever has to explain about stopping and starting that wretched habit. I quit so many times, they changed the definition of "quit" to "temporary abstinence" on my behalf. But getting that first 3 months behind you is a big step. Although, I remember the cravings subsiding, I remember that feeling that something was missing in my life. Funny./strange. Like at some break, I couldn't put my finger on it, but then thought oh yea, usually I would be lighting up right now. It took me about 6 months to burn that feeling away.

Fortunately, I cannot remember the last time I seriously thought about smoking. Yeah!!. I also quit smoking weed (legal in Oregon), so finally nothing fogging up the lungs. Surprised I can still breathe, but all is going well.

I remember telling my self as much as I could that if I started smoking again all I would wish to be just where you are today - 12 weeks and remind myself that I would rather be an ex-smoker who occasionally thinks about smoking, than to be a smoker who constantly thought about quitting.

Stay strong and just wait for Denim to carry you, as she did me, on to that 1-year clubhouse. As always, feel free to reach out at anytime.