About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

October 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Oct-7 by slowblumer; 11870 views.
Lubbercat

Nov-8

Mercy

Great to hear that your shoulder is starting to heal.  I am not sure why I did not see this sooner.........You have passed the 3 weeks and moving forward.......just keep going.

Denim50

Nov-9

Hey Mercy, 

Congratulations on four weeks smoke free! I know you’ve been keeping busy but I hope you took a bit of a break today to celebrate. I hope you’ve been enjoying a wonderful day and did something special for yourself. Soon you’ll be celebrating your first month milestone too. I’m so happy for you! 

Have a great day.  

isabella1759

Nov-9

Day 2... Had some stinkin thinking today..but didnt listen to that crazy chatter! We can do this!

Lubbercat

Nov-10

Isabella

You are doing this......just keep moving forward and keep looking at it as a healing process.  

Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-10

Hi Denim,

Thank you so much. I have been very sick and bedridden. I am taking antibiotics and getting better slowly. I didn't forget about anyone there. : ) I am sorry I am not here often.

Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-10

Hi Isabella,

Good going! My name is Mercy. I thought I would say hello. I am newer here as well with a month off cigs.

Mercy

1 month

Lubbercat

Nov-10

Anthony

Have not seen you on here, hope you are doing okay?  Are you still on this quit?  Let us know how you are and if you need any help

Jatchat

Nov-11

Hi Lubbercat,

I guess technically I am in the October group as my latest quit was Oct 31st, I am now on the 12th day of my quit. Thanks for enquiring after me, I am using the spray infrequently and am off the patches. Trust you are well and thriving, how is your quit going? I lose track of everybody on this site.

After smoking for 40 years it would be naieve to think I will come through this smoking career without any consequences. Yet I am hopeful, that the beat days lie ahead.

Kind regards

Anthony

Lubbercat

Nov-11

Anthony

Good to hear you are still at it and 12 days is awesome!  You have more quit time in over the last 2 years then you have smoking time and that is also good for your body even though quitting altogether would be better!

I passed 14 weeks Tuesday and feeling mostly good about it.  Some days I still struggle when I walk past my husband smoking.......He leaves soon for 6 weeks so that will be a nice break.

Jatchat

Nov-12

Congratulations Lubbercat on 14  weeks, tremendous. I am heading for 14 days on Sunday, hope I make it, it has been a rough night and I have been tempted to have just one, I followed my wife around for a while sniffing, until I woke up to myself and started logging on here. You saved me! It was great to read your post.

Good luck on your quit smoking journey

Kind regards

Anthony