About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Headache   Quit Support

Started Oct-19 by Lee.T; 319 views.
Lee.T

Oct-19

On day 14 today but find I have quite a headache today. 

In reply toRe: msg 1
Anne2020

Oct-19

Hi Lee, unfortunately, headaches are par for the course.  They should dissipate but it may take a few days.  If you are feeling nauseous, or have a fever, please see a doctor.  

I know I had a few whopper headaches and had to go lye down.  I am not prone to migraines so I knew it was withdrawal.  Drink lots of water as dehydration might also be the culprit.  Also if you are using NRT's, these could bring on headaches as well.  Again, lots of fluids gave me some relief.  Over time, the headaches disappeared.

Lee.T

Oct-19

Hi Anne I think the headache  was the start of my hayfever which has since hit me so all good. I have stopped cold turkey and not using anything to assist my quit.  14 days today and determined to not even have to count the days soon.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Anne2020

Oct-19

Well done - 14 days Cold Turkey is significant.  Have you noticed short periods when you realize you forgot to think about smoking?  That's usually how it starts.  Those short periods become more and more frequent and longer and longer until you forget but smoking altogether.  Our reward for not giving in to those crazy thoughts of smoking.  Who would have thought that a stick of tobacco could have such a hold on us.   

I too quit cold turkey. I think it is the quickest way through the addiction.   Hang in there.  You have build a solid foundation  and your momentum is growing every day.

CHeers.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Lubbercat

Oct-20

Lee

Congratulations on 2 weeks, that is a fabulous start!  I really hope you are celebrating that milestone because you deserve it!  On to week number 3.........stay aware and you will be good.  Sorry to hear you are suffering from hayfever.......that sucks.