About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 14323 views.
Lubbercat

12/1/21

Mercy

I saw this post and wanted to let you know I was sending you healing vibes.  Hope all went well at the orthopedist?

Mercy (mercy164)

12/1/21

Hi,

It went well. I have a strained muscle and an injured? joint on my shoulder. I am going to get a cortisone shot in a few days to lessen the pain. I hope it helps because it is very aggravated. I had cravings bad today. I get mental cravings and sometimes feel as though I will never be free of them. I began to have anxiety because of the craving to smoke. How are you doing? Do you want to smoke anymore? I think I am at 50 days today, but I feel as though I should be doing so much better than this. Oh well, I do know that I am happy being a non-smoker, so I will have to stick it out : )

Mercy

50 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/2/21

I hope you have a good weekend. I have had a rough week. I had 3 appointments this week. I am glad that's over, and I can kick back and watch TV without running around. Also, a bit of a rough patch with cravings. I suppose it will be awhile until they go for good.

Talk it easy,

Mercy

50 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/2/21

Congrats, Isabella!

Mercy

Lubbercat

12/3/21

Mercy

Good to hear that they are going to be able to give you something for the pain!  Cortisone will hopefully give it the time it needs to heal.  

As for the cravings, they get much better and less and less often!  I still have them like yesterday with the stress of shopping for a new vehicle!  But, every craving I get past, I just look at it as one more step to healing.  You are a little over 7 weeks and you have been smoking a whole lot longer then 7 weeks so, give yourself the time to heal.........

HUGS

Hopefully each day is getting better.

Lubbercat

12/6/21

Herbsouth

Not sure if you are trying to post or just looking around?  I seen you up in the new December thread also.  

Denim50

12/8/21

Hey Isabella, 

Congratulations on reaching one month smoke free yesterday! That’s great! I hope you had a wonderful time celebrating this amazing milestone. I’m sorry this is a day late getting posted, personal reasons, but I’m still so happy for you! You have a lot to be proud of. This is a excellent achievement and I continue to wish you the best as you keep moving forward. Again, congratulations and yay you!  

Have a great day.  

Denim50

12/9/21

YAY YOU! 

Hey Feafee, 

Congratulations on reaching this amazing milestone and your first month smoke free! I hope you have a wonderful day celebrating. You deserve it and it’s so much to be proud of! We’re proud of you too and I’m so happy for you. Best wishes as keep moving forward. Hugs. 

Have a great day.  

• Edited December 9, 2021 8:13 am  by  Denim50
feafee78

12/9/21

Thank you so much! I can’t believe it’s a month. Time has been so funny. Sometimes it seems like it went by fast and other times it feels really slow. 
My dog is no longer running to the back door every time I stand up, so I guess he’s adjusting, lol. 

I’ve been putting off watering my greenhouse plants, but have to go do that today. It’s where I used to smoke when I wanted to hide, so it’s a bit hard to go there. 
I’ll have to think of something nice to do today. Perhaps something to buy. Seems like a perfect opportunity to buy something off my Amazon list!