About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 14329 views.
Denim50

12/12/21

Hey Feafee, 

It’s great to hear from you and to hear how well things are going. I’m sure you were able to tend the greenhouse. You’re doing wonderfully! I hope you did get yourself something extra special. These milestones are so important and you deserve to treat yourself. Speaking of that, I hope you treat yourself to something special tomorrow too! You’ve got that fifth week to celebrate and I’m so happy for you! I can’t wait to post to you again tomorrow and hope to hear from you again soon. I’m still trying to get ready for the holidays, notice I said trying, lol. Ah, I’ll get everything all taken care of hopefully this week. blush 

Have a great day.  

Denim50

12/12/21

Hey Isabella, 

Congratulations on five weeks smoke free! We’ve been missing you around here. Hope all is good and that you’re enjoying a wonderful day celebrating. Hope to hear from you again soon. Best wishes as you keep moving forward. 

Have a great day.  

feafee78

12/13/21

It’s very kind of you to check in on me the day before my 5 week date! I’m very aware that it’s that 4 week post surgery day that I’ve been dreading. I’m feeling really good about it, though! I feel so much better about my quit than I did even 2 weeks ago. I sometimes still think I want to, but am able to reassure myself that I don’t. Sometimes that’s easier than other times, lol.
Even with it being 4 weeks post surgery, I still have enough pain left that I don’t want to risk adding any chance the bone may not heal as well, so I’m sure that will help for some time. The rest of the pain is supposed to settle down with more time. Nerves are such strange things! I’ve had a few of them go wonky on me.

Getting ready for Christmas can be tough! My daughter (16) started decorating the day after Halloween (cringe), so we’ve been ready in that way for a while, lol. Presents are another story and sending Christmas cards just doesn’t happen. 

Mercy (mercy164)

12/13/21

Hi Lubber,

How are you? I had 5 appointments last week and am still wiped out. I wanted to say hello and just let you know you were on my mind, Have a great smoke free week. I hope you are enjoying the season,

Mercy

Lubbercat

12/13/21

Mercy

I am doing okay.  Stressful times but, it is slowly coming together.  The daughter in-law's baby shower is this coming weekend but, the house is mostly ready (got the kitchen floor to re-clean) for the out of town company due in Saturday morning and I got the diaper cake, diaper wreath, diaper octopus, diaper book worm all put together and ready to transport to the shower at 6 AM Sunday morning........just worried about blowing up and hanging 180 balloons in like 5 hours time!  

Got pre-approved for a car and might have one that I will put a hold on tonight after work that would be due in in a month.......getting a car these days is rough since the car lots basically have nothing on the lot and you have to order them before they are even built.

Hubby is due in on Christmas day around 6:30 and I already have all the shopping almost done and 95% of the wrapping completed so getting close to being able to rest.

I hope all your appointments went well?  And, still not smoking! 

I will be at 19 weeks tomorrow.........had my appointment with my pulmonologist this morning and all is looking well.  I am looking at getting into a rehab program to help get me into an exercise routine.  He is happy with me waiting a year to come back if I have no issues so I am happy!

Denim50

12/13/21

Hey Feafee, 

Congratulations on five weeks smoke free!  I hope you did something extra special again for yourself to celebrate. relaxed 

Sometimes, early on, it really is easier to talk ourselves out of it than others. Quitting isn’t a easy thing but is so worth it and it will get more manageable as you go. Nonetheless, please remember that we’re all here for you anytime should you need a bit of added support. 

I’m sorry this is a bit late in the day getting posted. I was hoping to get this too you earlier today but it turned out to be one of those that seemed like it was one thing after another. 

I’m sorry to hear that you’re still in so much pain. I hope it eases off before too much longer. Sending caring thoughts and best wishes your way. 

I’m still hoping to finish up the holiday stuff this week. Here’s hoping anyway, lol. 

I guess I should quit typing and get this posted considering the time, otherwise it’ll be technically a day late, and I don’t want it to be any later than it is getting posted. We’ll talk again soon though.

Again, I apologize for it being posted so late at night. I’m so happy for you though. This really is a great achievement and each day smoke free is something to be proud of. You’re doing great! Big congratulations and continued best wishes. Hugs.  

Have a great day.  

feafee78

12/14/21

Thank you! I’m very happy to hit 5 weeks! Didn’t do anything special today, so maybe tomorrow. Today our power went out for a few hours and it made for a crazy evening. My daughter needed to bake 100 cookies, so we packed everything up and took it to my mom’s house to bake. She’s only a mile from us, so we were thankful she still had power! She was very happy to have us over, of course.

I hope you have a wonderful week and get all your Christmas things done. 

Denim50

12/20/21

Hey Feafee, 

Congratulations on six weeks smoke free! I hope you’ve been enjoying the day and did something special to celebrate yet another wonderful milestone. It’s frustrating when the power goes out but I’m sure all three of you had a terrific time baking together. The cookies sound wonderful and I’m sure they tasted just as amazing. Though I could probably stand to skip a few, lol, especially with Christmas approaching. blush 

Have a great day.  

feafee78

12/20/21

Thank you! My day started with a steroid injection that I’ve been waiting more than 5 months for! It was scheduled when a different disc herniated and demanded it be dealt with first. That’s the one that got taken out. I tell my kids they got on my nerves too much when they were little, lol. 
As happy as I was to get it done, I don’t think I’d classify it as fun. I did splurge and have groceries delivered from Costco. I won’t tell you how much I spent, but it would be awesome if I could say it was my 6 week smoke free reward for myself! 
I went into a store the other day and passed by someone smoking on my way in. The thought of asking for one most defcrossed my mind, but I kept walking. The “just one” thought is such a hard one!

Denim50

12/21/21

Hey Feafee, 

That certainly doesn’t sound like fun but I’m glad you finally got it. Lol about the kids. joy I get about the groceries too. I went shopping last week, smh. It’s crazy. You’re doing great though, don’t let that ‘just one’ slip you up. I did in 2016 and found myself here in 2018 trying to quit again. I’ll leave some articles here for you but BIG CONGRATULATIONS on staying strong. Yay you! I wish you and your family happy holidays! Though following the holidays, and all of the yummy food, I’ll probably view the scale a bit like this… lol. joy 

Have a great day.