About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

November 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 10/31/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 14328 views.
isabella1759

11/8/21

I am back from relapsing after a 4 and half year quit. Believe me.... its better on the quitter's team.. Yes,it is very emotional and you will have to fight for this,but I tell you this,it's  worth every tear and crazy thoughts you will ever have..... You will never need to smoke again and when you get a little time under your belt.. you will look back at smoking and think "WT Heck , was that all about.. and you will be proud! Keep up the good work, there are a lot of good ppl on this site,that knows exactly what you're going through... You are not alone!

wharry30

11/9/21

Day number 4 the sleeping is better dreams is better food is better breathing is better the pros really out weighs the cons cravings not gone yet are they ever going away 

Anne2020

11/9/21

Absolutely - but only if you do not smoke!!!

timmy777

11/9/21

Well done wharry for reaching day 4 tada, those first few days and nights are pretty rough, so give yourself a big pat on the back for getting through them. Just keep at it and the cravings will continue to dissipate, always remind yourself 'if i can get through those first 3 days, i can get through anything this quit can throw at me' 

Isabella, thanks for sharing your story, it is really scary how easy it can be to slip up and just have 'one' and where that one can lead, but it is also a great reminder to keep our guards up. Congrats on reaching day 3, you got this, you have quit before and you are going to do it again muscle

isabella1759

11/9/21

Hi Friends, Day 2, little tough

Crazy triggers.. but got through it.. Thanks for being here for me. 

timmy777

11/10/21

Oops sorry isabella, i got your quit days mixed up, i keep getting the dates wrong on here, i am in a completely different time zone and it seems 1 day ahead of whatever time this server is using grinning .  Congrats on 2 days instead, Just keep thinking of all the positive things happening to your body right now, that nasty nicotine is just about completely gone from your body and same with most of the other nasty chemicals, taste is coming back again, lungs starting to clean etc, all great things.

• Edited November 10, 2021 12:10 am  by  timmy777
isabella1759

11/10/21

Thanks a bunch... It's crazy, how we think that it will feel better if we cave in to that smoke..   knowing that it won't, and really, it doesn't take to long b4 the craving subsides.. thank god.. Now,Safe in bed.. lol.. Will put on the "Nope, not today" armour,when I get up! Night All!

wharry30

11/10/21

day number 4 today woke up extremely hungry looks like appetite and taste is back confidence seems to be peeking.

Lubbercat

11/10/21

Good job Isabella on making it through yet another day.  Wake up this morning, arm yourself with that NOPE and post if you need any help!

Anne2020

11/10/21

That is great!  Well done.

Wait till you taste some of your common food picks.  The difference in the taste will pop your eyes.  For me, coffee.  It never tasted better I swear I just love it.  But it has to be good coffee. Because now, I can also taste bad coffee and bad tastes really, really bad. 

You might even change some of your food choices.  Go for it. Explore the foods.  It is only one of so may things smoking has muddled and ruined in the past.  As a non-smoker, you get a new experience.  A truer experience.  

All part of your new non-smoking lifestyle.  What until you smell your soap!.....lol enjoy