About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Started to stop again   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-10 by feafee78; 275 views.
feafee78

Nov-10

Hi, I’m brand new to this forum and still figuring it out. I first quit smoking 19 years ago, but have had many relapses in that time. The longest I stayed completely quit was 2 years, a few different times. I’ve been told I give up right around the time it gets way better. Sigh. 
I started having a few relapses in July and have been struggling with ditching them for good again. I’ve had a few days I went without, but then got more. Just for one more day, which quickly turned into 3 or more. 
I threw everything away this afternoon and am not buying more. I figure since I’ve done that a few times, maybe it’s time i reach out for some extra support to increase my chances of sticking with it. I can go so quickly from “never again” to “just one more day” or even “I’ll just have 2 a day”. It’s ridiculous and sad, since that’s never what happens. 
I’m sure I’ll be scrolling and clicking on stuff tomorrow, figuring things out. Is there a quit buddy system? I had quit buddies before, from other sites, and I know it was a huge help. 

Anne2020

Nov-10

We are here for you!  The entire forum is a quit buddy.  Having said that, there are Quit Buddies grouped into the month of their quit.  Post in the month of November 2021 in the Discussions column of the forum to your left, to hook up with fellow November quitters. 

You have made the right choice.  Bold and tenacious, you can see this through.  You have done it before and so you know the joys of the accomplishment.  Go get that back.  You deserve to live a non-smoking life. 

We are here for you.       

feafee78

Nov-10

Thank you! I found the discussion, but can’t figure out how to post in it. I click the new topic thing and it looks like it wouldn’t go there. It looks like every post in there says it’s a reply to another post and I’m very confused. 

Anne2020

Nov-10

When you post you can reply to an ongoing discussion or you can send new by changing the addressee's at the top of the post.