About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Checking in   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Nov-22 by Mercy (mercy164); 510 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-22

Hello,

I wanted to check in because I have not been able to post in a while. I hope I have not been forgotten. I am still fighting a horrid illness which has had me down for a month, nearly. Otherwise, this sickness is really helping me pass the days without a smoke! I cannot believe it has been 41 days already. I am doing okay, but when I go out for rides to the doctor or store, I have a bit of a hard time here and there passing the stores I bought ciggys at. So far, I have made it one car ride at a time. I hope my October buddies are doing alright. Please let me know.

Mercy

41 days

Denim50

Nov-22

Hey Mercy, 

You have definitely not been forgotten. I hope you get better soon. Congratulations on finding the strength, will-power and determination to drive past those stores and keep going. That’s a wonderful achievement in and of itself. Speaking of wonderful achievements, I can’t wait to celebrate your six week milestone with you tomorrow. That’s great! As I said, I do hope you get to feeling better soon though. I’m so sorry that you’re having to go through all of that. Take care of yourself and get well. Sending good wishes your way. 

Have a great day.  

xvaper

Nov-22

Hi Mercy,

I am sorry to hear you have health issues. I too had health problems on and off for the past few months and all the tests came back negative, and now looks like its going away on its own. You are doing so great though, 21 days! 

In reply toRe: msg 3
Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-22

Thanks for writing.  I am glad you are feeling better!

Mercy

41 days

Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-22

Hi Denim,

Thank you for writing!  I am glad to hear from you. I wondered how you were. I am getting better, but it is very slow. I am glad to be able to say hello. I hope you have a good evening.

Mercy

42 Days

Lubbercat

Nov-23

And after all that on the other page, did not think about 42 days being equal to 6 weeks!  CONGRATULATIONS Mercy

Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-23

Thanks Lubber!

Mercy

43 Days

Jatchat

Nov-25

Congratulations Mercy, sorry to hear about your afflictions, and glad you are making a slow but steady recovery.

Mercy (mercy164)

Nov-25

I'm glad to hear from you. How's everything? I hope you have a lovely holiday!

Mercy

Jatchat

Nov-25

Ok just been to see my psyche Dr, everything is good. Just altered my sleeping meds, Had a Sleep Apnoea test Wednesday night, waiting for results

General health OK, just a niggling shoulder and elbow problem. One day into a fresh quit.