About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 9087 views.
overdoze

12/15/21

Last year when i had quit for 3 months continually, i had saved about 1,000, thats some money and it paid for 3 airline tickets and then some..

overdoze

12/15/21

yeah, it kinda has to happen for everyone on their own i guess. I never seriously thought about quitting till 7 years ago. Was watching a quit tobacco commercial and had patches delivered and started that way, it has to come to everyone on their own time unfortunately.

Lubbercat

12/15/21

Anthony

Good for you for looking for ways to help her next time around.  In the process of helping her, maybe she will learn ways to help you also!

Lubbercat

12/15/21

Overdoze

Well then, Congratulations on day 2!

Mercy (mercy164)

12/15/21

Hi Anthony,

I am so glad to hear about your wife. It is so much easier if they are not in the house. That is good to hear about your shoulder as well, but I did not know what was the matter initially. Can you tell me?  I am having some small shoulder issues.  We are getting ready for the holidays in the house.  I am wrapping presents slowly but surely. Have a nice visit up North. : )

Mercy

64 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/15/21

Hi Lubber,

Thanks for your message the other day. My appointments are working out, thanks. The onslaught is coming to an end for now. I get into these slumps where I have 4-5 doctor's appointments a week, and then I get finished for a bit. It is nice to have the downtime. Thankfully, due to COVID, which sounds funny to say, the technology came out that enables me to have some regular ones over Zoom that I have every week. Any appointments that I don't use energy and time going to personally is a win. Most weeks I have two appointments. It can be draining on top of regular life stuff. 

Anyway, enough of that. I have been getting ready for Christmas. Our artificial tree died this year. We have had it since my daughter was a pre-teen. It was a part of Christmas and sad to see go. We are waiting on the new addition. It is odd not having a tree up so late in the season, but what can you do. I hope you are enjoying the season yourself.

Mercy

64 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/15/21

Hey my Friend! 

Good to see you and back again. YAY!

Mercy

64 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/15/21

Hi Timmy,

I just wanted to say hello and see how you were. I hope you are having a good holiday season and a happy quit. : )

Mercy

64 Days

Mercy (mercy164)

12/15/21

That is so funny that you sent me a message. I didn't see your message and just wrote you one 2 minutes ago. Great minds think alike. I am getting through one day at a time, but I believe me and you talked before on how it was harder for us later in our quits. I find the mental torment difficult. It is that obsession to smoke. I still persevere.

Mercy

Lubbercat

12/15/21

Mercy

Sounds like you are  a very busy lady!  

I think Christmas in my life just happens at weird times anyways so......there is that!  My husband plays Santa out of state so, even though I put up my tree at Thanksgiving, we don't do any of our celebrations till after Christmas.  So, this year we will have one Christmas on the 26th and then have one on January 23rd..........in between there we will have like 3 - 4 with different friends and their families (normally going out to dinner for those).

Hope you have a fabulous holiday season