About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 9028 views.
candrew

12/29/21

Hey Jatchat. Good to hear you are still trying. I have had no success the past few years, I have had some significant health issues  for  two years and  used this as an excuse to keep puffing, Well its time to get serious. My birthday is coming up next week and I will use this as a good time to do something. 

So here we go again. What has changed? I have always said it's my attitude but I need something more to stay smoke free. I have been listening to  Allen Carr's audio book "Boot Camp in 4 Days" Over  the years I have been thru the live seminar and read his book no less than 2 times. You can't say I have not been trying.

Wish me luck, but I know that it will take more than luck to see this thing through,.  I value this forum and hope to participate frequently  as I make my journey thru this difficult challenge.

candrew

In reply toRe: msg 57
Quit4ever

12/29/21

Time to join the December 2021 quitters!  I quit last Friday, December 24th!  I had been feeling so sick, fed up with smoking, wheezing and coughing.  When I googled my symptoms I realized my time was up.  I have been building up to this for a while - new therapist to help me thru and I have a bag of nicotine gum and patches.  So far I just chewed some gum when my stomach was in agony from the quit.  I am trying to be careful with what i eat as i find the digestion problems of quitting are hitting me far more than the brain fog.  My partner, as much as sympathy goes, is being very strict, saying I have to use the patches or I wont make it. 

So here I am at Day 6 coming to an end and by tomorrow night I can get a star - whoopee!

Quit4ever is my name and aim!

Mercy (mercy164)

12/29/21

Hi,

I have been sick AGAIN and fatigued. I have been vaccinated, but I have almost the same fatigue as when I did have COVID. I am just trying to get some rest before school starts on the 3rd. I hope you had a good Christmas and have a happy New Year. I am trying to do less romancing and more “accurate” remembering of how cigarettes are and how crappy they make me feel. : )

Mercy

Jatchat

12/30/21

Hi Candrew,

Sorry to hear about your health issues, have you considered using NRT for your proposed quit?

This will alleviate some of the symptoms of withdrawal from Nicotine while giving your lungs a much needed breather, Just a thought. Which ever way you go I wish you the best of luck and good management of your quit

This site is invaluable as far as support goes and it pays to post regularly, and build up some relationships for mutual support.

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

12/30/21

Hi Quit4ever,

Congratulations on toughing it out, through your six days, looking forward to seeing that star. Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Anthony

iquit33

12/30/21

Good morning all --  I just passed day 4 of my quit after smoking/vaping for 30+ years.  96 hours down, a life time to go.

I must admit this has been extremely difficult and mornings are the worst but I am pushing through.

Wishing all those who started this December much success in kicking this habit.

Quit4ever

12/30/21

Doing good.  One hour at a time.

Keep posting as its good to see there are people out there doing the same thing

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Candrew

Here is to hoping your quit goes well.  Sorry to hear you are struggling with health issues, I know that was one of my excuses for a long time to not quit.  Now, I use it as the number one reason I need to stay quit.  I am at 21 weeks and will hit 5 months on Monday.  You can do this, just hang close to the forum and reach out for support whenever you need it.

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Quit4ever

That means today is 1 week?  Good for you hanging in there.  Can say that it is difficult but, so worth it.  Just keep not smoking!

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Mercy

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill again!  The COVID numbers here are crazy high!  Lots of people I know have been coming down sick......I am trying my best to stay away from it!  Good to hear you are staying away from the cigarettes.