About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 9049 views.
Jatchat

12/30/21

Hi Candrew,

Sorry to hear about your health issues, have you considered using NRT for your proposed quit?

This will alleviate some of the symptoms of withdrawal from Nicotine while giving your lungs a much needed breather, Just a thought. Which ever way you go I wish you the best of luck and good management of your quit

This site is invaluable as far as support goes and it pays to post regularly, and build up some relationships for mutual support.

Kind regards

Anthony

Jatchat

12/30/21

Hi Quit4ever,

Congratulations on toughing it out, through your six days, looking forward to seeing that star. Sounds like you are doing all the right things.

Anthony

iquit33

12/30/21

Good morning all --  I just passed day 4 of my quit after smoking/vaping for 30+ years.  96 hours down, a life time to go.

I must admit this has been extremely difficult and mornings are the worst but I am pushing through.

Wishing all those who started this December much success in kicking this habit.

Quit4ever

12/30/21

Doing good.  One hour at a time.

Keep posting as its good to see there are people out there doing the same thing

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Candrew

Here is to hoping your quit goes well.  Sorry to hear you are struggling with health issues, I know that was one of my excuses for a long time to not quit.  Now, I use it as the number one reason I need to stay quit.  I am at 21 weeks and will hit 5 months on Monday.  You can do this, just hang close to the forum and reach out for support whenever you need it.

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Quit4ever

That means today is 1 week?  Good for you hanging in there.  Can say that it is difficult but, so worth it.  Just keep not smoking!

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Mercy

Sorry to hear you are feeling ill again!  The COVID numbers here are crazy high!  Lots of people I know have been coming down sick......I am trying my best to stay away from it!  Good to hear you are staying away from the cigarettes.  

Lubbercat

12/30/21

Anthony

Where are you at on your quit?  How is your wife doing, is she still trying to quit?  Here is to hoping the new year comes with great success for the both of you!

Jatchat

12/30/21

Hi Lubbercat,

Great to hear from you, we are still on holidays up the North Coast and loving it. Sadly my wife has started smoking again after a week  quit, I am still going strong.

Two weeks, five days, 10 hours, 17 minutes and 45 seconds. 291 cigarettes not smoked, saving $421.84. Life saved: 1 day, 15 minutes.

Trust your quit is still strong, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a Happy and prosperous New Year.

Kind regards

Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 68
Jatchat

12/30/21

What Happens After You Quit Smoking

If you're a smoker, it may seem like the damage has been done and it isn't worth quitting—but that's simply not true. Your body will begin to heal itself shortly after you quit, and the sooner you give up smoking, the greater the benefit is to your health.Terry