About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started 12/5/21 by Terry (abquitsmking); 9046 views.
Quit4ever

12/30/21

Got to wait for this day to end to call it a week.

I am drowning in ice water to stop the craves, but I will not smoke

candrew

12/30/21

Right on. Sounds like you have your priorities straight. 

Yea, bad health is a great excuse. If I don't watch it I will be crying the blues when I suffer the consequences of my smoking for 30+ years. 

The last few years have found me in ICU, nursing homes, hospice. I have a lot more of life to live. Now it is time  to take care of the real killer. Tobacco!

Hope things are well with you. 

Andrew       

Jatchat

12/30/21

I use water to, lately I have been drinking 3-4 litres a day, great appetite supressant as well

Jatchat

1/2/22

Sorry to hear about your health journey, but perhaps it's time to give you're body a rest from all that tar and Carbon Monoxide and breathe some pure air, I have been smoking for some 40 years and believe you me it is grateful for a break, I now breathe clean air.

Celebrate

Jatchat

1/2/22

Congratulations lubbercat, hopefully when you read this you will have reached FIVE MONTHS QUIT, well done!!!!!

In reply toRe: msg 74
Jatchat

1/2/22

"Take a few deep breaths and relax...

You have found the best quit aid on the planet - this forum community. The folks here know what you're going through because we've all been through it ourselves. We are committed to supporting you every step of the way, so park yourself in front of your computer and read everything you can on this forum board and elsewhere about what to expect from smoking cessation." Terry

Quit4ever

1/2/22

I made it thru the first week of my 4everquit!

. it maybe a small dot, bUT I earned it

Lubbercat

1/3/22

Anthony

Sorry to hear your wife lost her quit but, maybe she will try again?  Proud of you for hanging onto yours though..........You can lead the way and show her how to do it and that will put you in a better place to help her along!

Sounds llike being on "holiday" is going great for you.  We "celebrated" the new year mostly quiet just staying at home.  Cleaned up the house and did a few pictures yesterday of some of the grand kids and was over at a friend's house twice over the weekend trying to teach her how to use her new phone.

I am back at work today.......celebrating 5 months on my quit today and 22 weeks tomorrow!  Still hanging in there........can't say that some days are not harder then others with the husband sitting on that porch smoking but, I am putting together my craft/guest room so that has occupied my time.

Hope you have a great day today

Kathy

Mercy (mercy164)

1/3/22

Hi Lubber,

I hope you had a good New Year's. I did. I have been ciggy-free one day at a time. Today is back to school for me. It is also a week from hell. I hope you are doing well. : )

Mercy

83 days

Lubbercat

1/3/22

Mercy

So far this year, I have been doing well.  I know this entire first year is going to have hard times but, I am working towards it and now at 5 months.  I am going later this week and working on setting some new goals for 2022

Good luck to you at school