About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

December 2021 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-5 by Terry (abquitsmking); 8411 views.
Lubbercat

Jan-6

Anthony

I really believe living one day at a time is the only way to survive in this crazy messed up world.  You can do anything if you set your mind to it!  

I did walk but, only 10 minutes last night.  I will work on increasing it, if my dogs will let me......LOL  Last night I had them both crying and one standing next to the tread mill making me pet him as I walked.........it was quite a sight.  Walking outside is really not an option as there are no sidewalks where I am at.  In the summer, going to the parks is doable but right now it is too dark by the time I get home.

As for getting doctor's advice......I wanted to go to pulmonary rehab and I actually qualified through insurance but, I would have to pay $697 per session until I reach max out of pocket......that is NOT happening!  LOL  I could hire a personal trainer to come to my house for less

Hope today is good to you

Kathy

Anne2020

Jan-6

Well done!  Just let me say that your dot is immense.  It make look small, but it carries a huge amount of weight.  You are doing great!  Keep it up and you will soon have another dot to put beside your first dot.  Exercise is a great way to work off the agitation from withdrawal.  Walking, punching pillows, seat cushions, sit ups.......anything to work off the stresses.

Remember to reward yourself.  Constantly, everyday, give yourself a pat on the back, a long hot bath, a much loved treat (ice cream) because you deserve it. 

Look at your non-smoking life and breath in deeply the sweet smell of smoke free air.  Wow, I bet you look younger already.

Congratulations on your first week - its the toughest to get through and you did it. Congratulations Celebrate GIF - Congratulations Celebrate Fireworks -  Discover & Share GIFs

• Edited January 6, 2022 3:38 pm  by  Anne2020
Jatchat

Jan-7

Wow! there are some roadblocks to your exercising, the dogs are devoted to you, won't leave you alone lol. We don't have a dog at the moment, our last one Snoopy, passed away about 6 months ago, my wife misses him, so do I but he cost us so much in vet bills, we are loathe to get another rescue dog, particularly a cavalier.

10 minutes is better than nothing, step it up if you can manage it to 15 min next time

I am on track to register 28 days on my quit meter tonight at 8 pm WooHoo!

We have had wet weather here the last two days

Kind regards

Anthony

Quit4ever

Jan-9

Hi Anne!  Thanks for getting out the fireworks for me and reminders to exercise and reward myself.  Yes, my breathig is much better.  During the week I've gone to gym and don't eat my frustration.    But this looong weekend that im snowed in here, I turned to food and now don't feel good.   

The best news is I didn't smoke and I'm not going to.  I was so excited not to worry about running out of cigarettes in bad weather.  I'm so happy I don't have to stand outside to get my fix.

Adding my second dot, Quit4ever

. .

Quit4ever

Jan-9

Hi Anthony,  28 days is amazing.  I'm 2 weeks behind you and hope to be that way forever,

Quit4ever

.  .

Jatchat

Jan-9

Yes it was good while it lasted, New quit now your two weeks ahead, congrats

Quit4ever

Jan-10

Get back on track.  This time I'll lead the way.  

Just nope!

. .

In reply toRe: msg 93
HerbSouth

Jan-11

ElemenopyQue

Feb-3

Quit December 28, 2021.

As of February 3, so far so good.

Hardest thing I’ve ever done!

Mercy (mercy164)

Feb-9

Hi Lubber,

Thanks for writing. I have been around people smoking everywhere around this resort. I have been tempted to ask someone for an extra ciggy two times, but I somehow walked back to my room and got out of the area. I am so glad that I am having experiences with vacations as a non-smoker and so many other things because now I know it can be done. There is a minute or two out of the day here in Mexico that I smell the smoke and think about having one, but it isn't that bad. I am not around any smokers at home, so this is new for me. I am getting better, but it is slow work. And it is work.

Mercy