About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Saying Hey!   Quit Buddies Unite

Started Dec-29 by Mercy (mercy164); 394 views.
Mercy (mercy164)

Dec-29

Hello November-21 quitters and everyone,

I hope everyone had a good holiday! I am hanging in. My 14 mg patch fell off, and it was awhile before I noticed, so I just kept going. I have been on patches for about 9 months, and, for myself, I am glad to be off. I don't believe it was helping anymore. Furthermore, I need to take that next step and learn to rely on the tools. I have been, and I hope it continues to pay off positively. 

I am starting school on 1/3, which is a concern for me. I have found school to be a trigger in the past. It is stressing, and I don't care for myself well. When I get stressed and tired, I look for the nicotine to pick me up. I am hoping I am strong enough. I am scared. I am going to take care of me before then and get strong, so I will feel ready. I wish my health was better and I could write in more. I need to connect. Please say a prayer for me.

Mercy

78 Days

Jatchat

Dec-31

Hi Mercy,

Congratulations on your quit, What are you studying at school or are you a teacher? 

Strength to you without the patches, watch out for the stress button in your life, and I pray that you will continue your walk with Jesus and that he will be your strength and peace

Blessings

Anthony

Mercy (mercy164)

Jan-1

Hi Anthony, 

Happy New Year! I am  completing a BA in communications. It is likely I will work remotely as a teacher or maybe PR work. I have been really caring for myself after the patches ended and am making it. I do want a cig occasionally but , so far, have been okay. I hope you have a wonderful new year and a good day today!

Mercy

Jatchat

Jan-2

Thanks Mercy, I have left the career studying for now, I am studying  a theological certificate through Moore College Part time external studies. I enjoy that. at the moment I am studying Early Church History the first six centuries. Good luck with your studies hope you find a meaningful career as an outcome of your qualifications. 

It's great to see you off the NRT did you do the full course and taper?

Great work

Kind regards

Anthony

Mercy (mercy164)

Jan-2

Hi Anthony,

I have thought many times about theological studies.You'll have to let me know how it's going for you. I do study a lot on my own but I guess that's not too much of studies as I can pick and choose what I want lol. I love to study anything spiritual. I'm glad it seems like you are enjoying yourself with your degree. I do enjoy my BA as it is about people.  I have been interested in how people interact my whole life and always been a people watcher. I guess that's it it's a nutshell. I had a bit of a hard day he yesterday when it came to a craving or 2, but I made it through. I hope you're doing well.

Mercy

Jatchat

Jan-3

Thanks Mercy, had a break from studies over Christmas-New Year. will get back into it next week, meanwhile trying to keep busy, just mowed the lawn, and vacuumed out the car, waiting for the sun to go behind a cloud so I can wash it. 

Yes people are fascinating, with 7-8 billion on the planet, plenty of people to observe.

I had a spiritual break-through when I was about 26, I think it was God calling me, I have been fascinated ever since and he has been the source of many changes in my life.

I am still on the 21mg patches and will use them for the six weeks and then reduce strength to 14 mg, 7 then and then just prn.

It's great that you are so far through your quit and thriving.

Good luck with your BA, I am sure you would make a great teacher.

In Christ

Anthony

Mercy (mercy164)

Jan-4

Hi Anthony,

I had the same sort of breakthrough myself. I found a connection with God in AA. It has been 17 years now, but the main point is that I feel a calling to serve Him who helped me find sobriety by helping others. I help new women in the program and help others outside the program whenever I can. I live I life of Spirit. It is nice to meet another seeker.

I am glad you are doing better in your quit as well. : ) I hope you got your car washed LOL

Mercy