About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Please Read FORUM UPDATE: 3/26/22   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 3/26/22 by Terry (abquitsmking); 5814 views.
xvaper

3/28/22

Hi Denim,

That is so generous of you. I am glad this forum will live on I know I will periodically need support and would like to help others.

MarthaJC

3/28/22

I joined this forum shortly after my Nov 28, 2021 quit date -- and it has been a major force for good! I was so sorry that it was closing, although I understood why ... so this is just fantastic news that you have agreed to keep it going. Thank you and bless you! 

Denim50

3/28/22

Hey xvaper, 

Thank you. Like you, I'm also happy the forum will be continuing on for the foreseeable future. You've often posted to encourage and cheer on new quitters and others, and I have no doubt that you'll continue to encourage and to inspire, thank you. The fact that we all support one another is just one of the many things that makes our forumily (forum family) so great. Thank you again. It's wonderful to see you back. blush 

Have a great day. relaxed 

• Edited March 28, 2022 7:40 pm  by  Denim50
Jerthie123

3/28/22

Hi Denim...

We are all so lucky to have your spirit and cheer in continuing this forum!  I am somewhat new here.  I stumbled upon this forum for the first time in 2018.  I have browsed it on and off ever since.  I come for all of the warmth and compassion!

I quit smoking in 2013 with the help of using nicotine lozenges.  I was able to give up cigarettes, but to this day I am still sucking on the lozenges.  I would like to give up using these darned things but I have been using them for almost 9 years, and I don't know how to stop!  They are just as or even more addictive than cigarettes.

I am hoping to browse this site daily for encouragement and inspiration motivation!!!!

A big thank you again for taking over!!

Denim50

3/28/22

Hey Martha, 

Huge congratulations to you on 4 months smoke free today! tada That's wonderful! I've said this before on the forum but it's worth repeating, quitting is so worth it and more importantly YOU are worth it. It's not easy, but you're doing it and you have so much to be proud of today! We're all proud of you too! I hope you treated yourself to something special today. You deserve it. Keep going, reach out if you need support, and know that we are all here cheering you on and wishing you the best. On toward month five.... 

Thank you so much for very kind message. I look forward to continuing to see you around the forum. All the best. 

Mamset

3/28/22

Thankyou so much for deciding to keep this forum going! What a huge relief for so many of us! This is great news so Thankyou .

Denim50

3/29/22

Hey Jerthie, 

Thank you so much! I'm happy to have you here with us. relaxed 

Congratulations on quitting smoking. That's great! However, I'm sorry to hear that you're addicted to the lozenges now. I'm so glad that you came here to post about it though. Nicotine comes in many forms and while lozenges are one form of NRT, to help us break the cigarette habit, sometimes a person can become too dependent on NRTs. If that happens, as with you, or if a person believes that's happening, and you feel you can't step down from it, I highly recommend that you speak with your doctor. He or she can provide you with the best possible advice to help you with it, in a way that will work best for you. Please continue to post if you need support and encouragement while trying to step down from it. We are here for you and we're happy to have you with us. When it comes to quitting Nicotine addiction very few go it alone and find success. That's why support groups, quit-lines, forums like this one, and the like are so important to our quitting success. You're welcome to keep browsing the forum but I do hope you'll continue to join in too. We're all here for you and each other. Wishing you the very best toward your success. 

Denim50

3/29/22

Hey Mamset, 

You're very welcome. I'm happy to do it. Thank you for your kind message. This forum was a great help to me too when I joined and I hope it continues to be so for many others. Thanks again. I'm happy you're here with us. 

Cocoa60

3/29/22

Thank you for the help Terry.  I used many things to make this my final quit 15 years ago.  I might not have made it

without this forum and the one at About.com.  Thanks so much.

Ernie

Cocoa60

3/29/22

Thanks so much Denim.

Ernie