About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Please Read FORUM UPDATE: 3/26/22   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 3/26/22 by Terry (abquitsmking); 5823 views.
Lubbercat

3/29/22

Martha

Congratulations.  I am not on here as often as I used to be but, wanted to congratulate you and emphasize the importance of celebrating those milestones!  It can be smaller or bigger but, you need to celebrate it!

Lubbercat

3/29/22

Jerthie

Sorry to hear you are still hooked on those lozenges and it is just another form of nicotine.  So, read all you can read and post often......try using the sucking on straws or frozen grapes or something like that to replace the lozenges.......you will still go through the withdraws no different then quitting smoking so any advise on here about quitting should still apply.

Good luck and post often

xvaper

3/29/22

Hi Jerthie,

It is great that you stopped smoking in 2013. Well done!

I have been here for over a year. My first quit lasted 4 months, and after three months of relapse I quit again, cold turkey, and I have been nicotine free for 9 months now.  It is better that you don't breath smoke into your lungs, but you are not free of the addiction itself, and once you will be, you will feel truly liberated. Just remember that the nicotine replacement manufacturers (Drug companies) make their money by keeping people addicted to nicotine rather than help them quit. I helps some people quit altogether, but the majority of people are on it for years, to keep the fix flowing. The drug companies have no regard to human life as we have seen time and again, so why should the care about keeping people addicted to Nicotine.

Everyone here can lend their support if and when you choose to kick the replacements :) Meanwhile, great to have you here!

Jerthie123

3/29/22

Thanks so much!  Your support and suggestions mean so much!!!!  I will try the straws and grapes.  We shall see!

Jerthie123

3/29/22

Thank you for the support!!!

I did quit the lozenges for 9 weeks this year but am back on them due to stress in my life.  I don't know if I can quit but i have cut down.

Way to go on your 9 months smoke free!  That is so amazing!!!

xvaper

3/29/22

Thanks Jerthie ;)

Stick around here and when you are ready, there will be plenty of support.

Jerthie123

3/29/22

Thank you so much!!!  I feel the encouragement!!!

I think I will make my quit date this Monday.  Until then I will cut down.

Will keep you posted!  Thanks again!

MarthaJC

3/29/22

Your support means a lot -- thank you so much!!

MarthaJC

3/29/22

Thank you!!!

turtles

3/29/22

Thank you so much for doing this denim,this forum really was a lifesaver for me back when and I’m approaching 3 yrs on April 1st.  This forum truly serves a higher purpose. Thank you for stepping up. If I were even a tiny bit computer savvy I would have stepped up. A heartfelt vote of gratitude from me!