About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Day 1again!   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started 5/5/22 by Devildog2147; 14344 views.
candrew

Aug-7

Hey Jerthie

I would have you access your messages in this manner

find a To: Jerthie post

Left click on your name

select view full profile

In the upper right corner, you will see a link to My Profile

left click it

click on tab My Inbox

search for the message  

I hope this helps

Andrew

tonypfan

Aug-7

lore:  thanks for the tutorial.  I see how it works.  Well, another day in paradise.  So sweet waking up smoke free.  With no need to sneak around looking for a time and place where I can have a cigarette.  So nobody will find out.  I can’t believe I used to live that way.  But I did.  Then had to gargle with mouthwash, use mints for further disguise, and lotion on my mouth and hands to camouflage the smell.  Can you believe that?  I have so much more time now to do more fun things than fuss around with cigarettes.  Thanks for all your support.  

Loreficent

Aug-7

Good morning Anthony,

Yes. It is hard to believe how we chose to live to sustain our addiction. The release from the embarrassment and feelings of hypocrisy are tremendous, right? Though the initial several weeks can be tough, calming the mind and embracing the awareness of the benefits and feeling of freedom with not smoking far outweighs the burden of smoking. It truly was nothing but a burden! Such a superficial mental state to be stuck in really. Sucks the life right outta you in so many ways that we don’t see many of those ways except in hindsight. But yes, hindsight is always 20/20.

I hope you have a glorious smoke free day! Gonna try the water again?

tonypfan

Aug-7

Lore:  Yes, I continue to read the book Why Quit.  It is excellent.  I had not heard of it before; only Alan Carr’s book.  I am incorporating Why Quit as an integral part of my Quit.  Thanks a million for turning me on to this invaluable resource.  

tonypfan

Aug-7

Good morning again.  Yep, it is good to get my life back.  I’m astounded that I am doing so well with my Quit.  And very pleased.  It really is this forum that is bringing  me success so far.  

Today is an ebike day!! Glorious blue sky.  No wind.  We will most likely take a ride on the beach for 15 or 20 miles.  It is such a beautiful experience to ride along the shoreline, listening to the ocean waves and breathing in all those positive ions.  I have almost 2000 miles on my ebike which I bought 14 months ago.  Such fun.  And what good exercise.  Hope you, too, have a great day.  

Loreficent

Aug-7

That’s great! I’m glad it is helpful. Can’t remember how I stumbled on it. Carr is good and has helped so many folks, but not enough depth into understanding the addiction for me, so I thought the ebook was a great supplement.

My mind always comes up with 10 new questions for every answer I receive joy. I’ve always considered it a great gift to have an inquisitive mind, though it has also gotten me into trouble some, lol. I know the price for questioning authority at times. Have never regretted it though! 
It is also nice to be finding the balance of just accepting some things too. Acceptance of my addict was a huge factor for me. Huge.

It is funny how we can offer such a tremendous amount of acceptance at times to others, and yet it can be difficult to afford ourselves the same grace. 

candrew

Aug-7

Correction to my instruction to access your private message.

Ignore this post - I wrote the right instructions.

Andrew

Jatchat

Aug-7

Trust you are doing well

candrew

Aug-7

Anthony,

Thanks so much for checking up on me. You were one of the first persons that I posted to when joining this site. I have always had you in my mind and wish you the best in your efforts to quit this nasty habit.

Good day,

Andrew

Jerthie123

Aug-7

Thank you!!! I finally saw it! I didn't know you could scroll further down lol! This is so kind of you to share! Very grateful for you!!!