About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For those who are struggling    Quit Support

Started Jun-28 by strong1977; 834 views.
strong1977

Jun-28

Hello everyone:

For those of you who are struggling whether it be your first day to stop smoking or months in, just know that your not alone. This truly is one of the most hardest things to do for yourself but remember the outcome is so worth it. For those of you who have tried countless of times to stop this bad habit and have re started, your not alone. The thing is, is this is not a easy battle to over come, and I have been where you all are now....the key is to stay strong, drink lots of cold water with ice, because it takes those nasty cravings away and stay calm, if you have to start over then do it and don't be sad about it because we have all been there.

I have ten years in smoke free, I have come a very long ways, and trust me i have had my share of triggers where i wanted to give in but i decided this time around that it's just not for me. I feel better health wise, and yeah i still have some weight put on but that is more to do with the fact that i like food then anything else LOL 

When your having a hard time your best bet is to come on here and spend a few hours going thru posts and make posts yourself so others can help you to get thru it, this site is a total game changer because it truly saves your life. Instead of puffing on a cigarette i am sitting here posting and i am glad that i am. You will be to 

we got this! 

your non smoking friend for the past ten years 

Liz 

alreadysick

Jul-10

Congrats! That is so awesome. I am celebrating year 3 of being smoke-free today.

I still find it a bit difficult and have yet to have a day where I haven't thought about smoking. I just keep on keeping on. 

I can also not register under my more positive name of 4quitness.

Regards,

Michele

strong1977

Jul-11

if you have forgotten your password to the 4quitness ( username) what you do is as your logging in hit forgot password, and it will send you a resend so that you can change your password. Hope that this helps you, it's very easy, I have had to do this a few times with mine. 

You got this, and I also want to say congrats to you for getting your three year mark in that is totally awesome, Keep it up

your non smoking friend 

Liz 

sweetstuff76

Jul-11

Hey Michele ,

I never doubted you would mark the 3rd year , our quit month/year was a very quiet one and I know you struggled a lot but I knew you’d keep on keeping on . How’s the pup doing ? I’ll be marking 3 years soon on the 23rd , I have moments of wanting one but not a craving/urge , it’s mostly when stress hits hard and the anxiety kicks in because that’s when I felt smoking was my biggest friend , it passes as quickly as the thought came 

alreadysick

Jul-11

Thanks so much! You have always been so positive and helpful.

My dog is doing great. She's a wild one and has kept me very busy. She has way too much energy, and I walk her as often as possible. It gets very hot where we live, so I send her to a doggy daycare several times a week. She gets her energy out and is highly socialized.

I'm glad to say that I haven't slipped even once. There is no way I could go through this again. I hope you continue to do well too. Maybe I'll see you on here again!

Take care, friend!

tonypfan

Jul-24

Liz:  Thank you for your post.  How awesome that you have remained free all these years.  I take inspiration that such an accomplishment for even the most inveterate of smokers.  Thanks for sharing.  Anthony

strong1977

Jul-25

Hi Anthony, 

your very welcome, it feels great to be smoke free for so long, I think what i love the most is that I am now in control instead of the cigarettes being in control of me. It's all about taking back that control :) we are all in this together, so keep in mind that you got this! and remember to always post especially during those difficult days because there is always someone on here who will reach out and talk to you, or if need be  you can always message me and i can do my best to get you thru those hard days either way.

Wishing you all the best 

Liz, smoke free for the last ten years

tonypfan

Jul-25

Liz:  I take to heart your sentence about taking your control back.  How true.  When I’m in the smoking saddle, why I have reins around my neck and I’m “forced” to give up my will.  I become the slave and the cigarette the master.  What’s wrong with this picture?  I do feel in control now.  And, yes, I will reach out to this forum. I need the help and inspiration of former smokers. Thank you for your response.  Tony

strong1977

Jul-26

I have always lived by that motto because cigarettes for me use to be you can not leave the house without grabbing a pack of smokes first, so yeah i found it had control over me until i took that control back, so this is kind of words to live by for me and it's keeping me without smoking 

Liz,

ten years smoke free 

In reply toRe: msg 9
tonypfan

Jul-26

Dear Support Community:  I’m into my second week of Quit.  I understand that if I have a huge trigger craving, one that needs immediate attention, (remember those?) there is a specific protocol to use on this Website.  And if it is used, someone will get in touch with me ASAP.  Can anyone please tell me what protocol is required for a rapid response?  In advance I thank you for your help here.