About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

For those who are struggling    Quit Support

Started 6/28/22 by strong1977; 3421 views.
Synthia1021

Nov-10

feafee78 - Day 3 was the hardest for me.. I cried most of the day, then finally gave up and went to bed. That day is over, and now im on day 11. I could do without the brain fog, but other than that its better.. at least no crying! 

feafee78

Nov-10

Synthia,

I think the first 3 days are the absolute worst. Getting the tears out had to be good. It’s crazy how many emotions coming from smoking and from quitting. That’s awesome you got through that rough day and are on day 11! I hope to not be far behind you. 
Jenny

Jerthie123

Nov-10

Jenny... I suggest that whenever you feel like giving in and buying a pack, to get the icky feelings out by coming on this forum to vent, or to vent through journalling. I recommend to talk to people in person, to talk to God, to talk to nature or to yourself out loud, and just release all of the anxiety you feel from not being able to smoke. It is anxiety that we feel when we cannot satisfy the receptors in our brain that are jacked up to want the next fix. You can release that anxiety through all the ways I mentioned above, and that would be a good and relieving way to pass the time. You could also tend to your cross stitching. You could do word searches and crosswords. You can call up a friend. You could walk outside. You could walk around the house or you could just sit still and pray and think. Do anything you can that is not smoking to put more time behind you and that last hit. You've got this Jenny. You've got this. Stay strong, keep truckin', take it one day at s time, and you will one day be free of the nagging thoughts!

Jerthie123

Nov-10

This is very true Marjorie. I am not 100% off of the lozenges yet, but I am at 5-6 a day down from 12-13. So I am staying put here until I get to 4 then 3 and etc. My cravings are not physical. It is all in my head. It is a lot of irritability. Great job at 6 weeks. Keep that up!!!

feafee78

Nov-10

I definitely need to come post when I’m about to cave. I think I’m stuck between not wanting to be talked out of it (lol) and feeling like I’d still go smoke, then feel bad for not listening to the person that tried to help me.

Probably not really good reasons to not post, huh? I’ll give it a go next time! I very much appreciate your support!

jenny

SandDuneTwo

Nov-20

Oh wow, Synthia, I just stumbled on your message and thought how that could have been me writing just after my quit.  You captured it well, the sleeping and surreal nature of the fog.  The amazing part is that once it lifted, it went fast - wish I'd known that sooner in my final quit.   

Good for you and now the physical yuck is out of you so it's just head games - out witting the addiction.....which can be a sort of fun game of mental hide-n-seek LoL  

Anyway, well done and well phrased.  

I am so sorry I am just seeing these messages now.  If there is absolutely anything I can help you ladies with, please let me know.  I am here for you.  I really understand how you are feeling.