About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Nicotine patches make me feel worse when I take them off???   General Chit-Chat

Started Jul-16 by Manyislands; 190 views.
Manyislands

Jul-16

hi, I’m new here and I vaped for a few months, and have not vaped in almost three weeks. I have been using the patch and the lozenges, but gave up on the lozenges as they are too irritable for me. So I’m using the 7 mg patch for a few hours in the morning and I feel fine but after I take them off about an hour later I start having racing thoughts and feel a little panicky. Is this common? Also I’m going through a lot right now. Also I wonder whether I need to even be on them any more. I don’t have cravings I’m just scared to let it all go right now. Thanks for any help!

Denim50

Jul-18

Hey Manyislands,

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your decision to quit vaping and on being almost three weeks vape free. Some of the symptoms of nicotine withdrawal may include irritability and/or a heightened since of anxiety. There can also be stress that may come with cessation in addition to any outside stress like you've described as 'going through a lot right now'. I'll leave some articles here for you. Though some may refer to smoking cigarettes, they are all about nicotine and cessation. I'll leave one about nicotine patches too. As to your fear of letting it go, that's a common fear of many nicotine users. I'll put a article here about that too. I don't know, nor am I asking, if you take any medications or not. However, if you do, you should also be aware that quitting smoking/nicotine can have a impact on certain medications too. I'll include a article about that also. Whether you take a medication or not though, you should also consider letting your physician know that you're quitting.

I'm sorry that you're going through a lot at the moment. I hope that whatever it may be gets sorted out and improves for you soon.

Best wishes and I look forward to seeing you around the forum. Read, settle in, and join in anytime. We all support and cheer each other on here and we're happy to have you join us. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

...[Message truncated]
View Full Message