About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-24 by Denim50; 9308 views.
tonypfan

Sep-2

Denim:  How do I access the discussion of those of us who quit in July 2022?   I can’t seem to find that group anymore. Please advise.  Anthony

Denim50

Sep-2

Hey Anthony, 

This is the 'July 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread so you're on the correct thread. This is your quit-buddy group, as you'll see as you look back through it. 

Each month a new thread is made to welcome that month's quitters. That new welcome thread is kept at the top of the menu, then the thread for the previous month is relocated under the 'Quit Buddies Unite' heading, which becomes it's permanent home on the forum. As a example, you'll see the 'September 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread is now at the top of the menu and the 'August 2022 Ex-Smokers' thread has now been relocated to it's permanent home under the Quit Buddies Unite' heading in the menu. Each month as the new one appears the former one is relocated there. Of course you can, as have this morning, continue to post on it. Nothing changes about your group thread except it's location. It'll remain in this location permanently. 

I hope this helps you and if you have any more questions or there's anything else I can help you with please let me know. 

Have a great day. relaxed 

Ginger3077

Sep-2

Hi Anthony. I'm a July quitter too. I quit July 4th independence day. I'm not much of a poster. I read the forum several times a day. Read your doing great. I am too. Figured I better give this old body a break from all the toxins. Luckily I'm in pretty good health. Good luck to us.

Denim50

Sep-2

Hey Ginger, 

I'm so sorry I missed your post about those dreams/nightmares. It's awful when these things come up and try to trip us up. You've been doing so well. Soon to be 9 weeks quit and a two month celebration coming up on the fourth. That's wonderful and I'm looking forward to celebrating it with you. I do care and feel terrible that I missed this. I'm sending you a pm after I finish typing this post. I also hope those dreams or nightmares about smoking have subsided. First, you weren't rambling. It's important to talk about these things. Second, I'm sorry that you had two of those terrible dreams/nightmares that week. However, you're not alone. Unfortunately, many/most do experience that at some point or time. Bad as they are though, the good news is that you didn't actually smoke and that's something to be proud of. It's definitely upsetting to have these occurrences happen because dreams or nightmares can seem so real but, hard as they are, it's important to remind yourself that that's all they are. I know that feels easier said than done sometimes because when they seem that real it can turn our thoughts back to smoking, or bring on another craving, because it can feel like we've had one even though we didn't and that can be difficult. You can be doing so good and then bam there's one of those frustrating dreams/nightmares. The important thing is to remember, as I said earlier, that that's all it was, thankfully. When you wake, do exactly what you did, remind yourself it wasn't real, remember how far you've come, and keep your focus on today and be proud of yourself. Also, again, continue to do as you've done and post about it. Talking really does help. Also, remember that you're doing really good and that you are winning the battle. I've said this before on the forum, in reference to other tricks the mind plays, but it's just the addiction having a fit, so to speak, because you are winning. Think of this, did the addiction do this and bother you this bad when you were giving in to it? No, because it was winning but now you're winning so it's pulling out all of the proverbial stops. The addiction plays mind games and when it does it's so important to change those negative thoughts into positive ones. I'm so proud of you for doing that and for continuing on. You should be very proud of yourself too. Your brain isn't punishing you though, it's just sounding out for something that was embedded in us for so long. It does change though and, though something of a roller coaster in the beginning, please know too that like any roller coaster it does eventually slow down to let us off and it truly does become more of a smoke free journey. We get stronger as we go, so hold on and keep going. It gets better and better the further along we go and the more we distance ourselves from it. You CAN do this. Best wishes. Talk again soon. 

Hugs.  

tonypfan

Sep-2

Thank you for the clear explanation. 

In reply toRe: msg 112
tonypfan

Sep-2

Howdy to the July non smokers. I’m hoping you’re all doing well and remaining smoke free. It gets easier as each day passes, doesn’t it?  I’m finding that the grunge from my lungs is being expelled. That makes me feel good. I’m being cleansed from the inside out. Just wanted to say hi and that I’m with you in Spirit. Seize the day. Carpe diem. Anthony 

tonypfan

Sep-2

Yes. Good luck to us. I’m in my 7th week. I feel super good. Thank you for your post. Anthony 

Denim50

Sep-4

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Ginger, 

Huge congratulations to you today on your accomplishment! relaxedtadaCelebrating 2 months smoke free! Such a great achievement! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend and that you continue to treat yourself to something special to celebrate. This is a great weekend for it too. However you spend it and whatever you do, I hope you have fun. Best wishes as you keep moving forward. 

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Anthony, 

You're welcome, anytime. I'm happy to help.