About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

July 2022 Ex-Smokers    Quit Buddies Unite

Started Jul-24 by Denim50; 9428 views.
Denim50

Sep-4

Have a great day. relaxed 

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Ginger, 

Huge congratulations to you today on your accomplishment! relaxedtadaCelebrating 2 months smoke free! Such a great achievement! I hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend and that you continue to treat yourself to something special to celebrate. This is a great weekend for it too. However you spend it and whatever you do, I hope you have fun. Best wishes as you keep moving forward. 

Denim50

Sep-4

Hey Anthony, 

You're welcome, anytime. I'm happy to help. 

Denim50

Sep-4

tonypfan

Sep-4

Thank you, Denim:  I’m pleased as punch that I am already 7 weeks smoke free.  And even now I seldom have a desire to smoke.  Several weeks ago I got a huge craving, the type that previously always brought me into relapse.  But not this time.  I ended up posting a comment during that crave and , lo and behold, I didn’t run to the convenience store to buy a pack of Marlboro.  Me thinks that I am finally breaking the back of certain strong cravings.  

I do not feel smug, trust me.  But I do believe that deep within me certain new resources are emerging that help me counter strong triggers.  I thank God daily that I am becoming free again.  How very grateful I am.  Many thanks to this Forum, my umbilical cord to a smoke free life and freedom from slavery.  And to you, Denim, for your fraternal concern.  Anthony

In reply toRe: msg 114
tonypfan

Sep-8

To my smoking friends who quite in July 2022. I hope all of you are doing well and beginning to feel the beneficent affects of being smoke free.  Isn’t it a wonderful feeling to begin expelling the grunge in your lungs?  This is a sure sign that the body is beginning to heal.  And isn’t it marvelous to wake up in the morning with a fog free brain, with no smokey residue circulating inside your head as a result of the previous day’s cigarettes? And don’t you feel already more relaxed throughout the day without having to step outside for a smoke or to attend an event or whatever without the need to bring a pack of smokes and to excuse yourself so you can withdraw for a cigarette?  And how much better you feel about yourself without the stench of a cigarette like a smelly halo above your head?  Yes, this a gift which we must not take for granted. 

Our Quit is truly THE PEARL OF GREAT PRICE!!!!  Lately I have been getting on my knees to give thanks for my progress to date.  I believe in miracles, don’t you?  We are accomplishing what we never thought was possible.  LET US ALL GIVE THANKS FOR OUR NEW LIFE.  WE ARE REBORN!!!!

ANTHONY

Ginger3077

Sep-8

Hi Anthony. Yes I'm feeling some benefits. It will take awhile for this old body to recuperate after 50 years of the death sticks. It's the best thing I can do and will do for myself. Take care and enjoy the freedom

tonypfan

Sep-8

Yours on the recovery path, Ginger. Your body will repair. 

In reply toRe: msg 124
tonypfan

Sep-11

Hi, All:  Hope everyone is doing well and remaining faithful to their Quit. In one week it will have been two months since my Quit. I couldn’t feel any better or prouder. After falling so often within only hours of my firmer Quits I’m truly gratified I’m still on the Path. 

that being said I congratulate all of you for staying with this forum. For me it’s become my lifeline to a some free existence. 

JavaNY

Sep-11

Great to hear Tony,

Regards all,

Paul