About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Finally getting somewhere!   General Chit-Chat

Started Oct-6 by Jerthie123; 206 views.
Jerthie123

Oct-6

Hello party people lol. I am getting somewhere in my quest to quit using nicotine lozenges! Yay me... There IS hope! I feel really good about this so wanted to share! So today I had my usual 6 lozenges at my usual times of the day BUT I did not suck on any of them, thus I got zero nicotine. To receive nicotine from a lozenge you need to have it dissolve in your mouth for at least 2 or 3 minutes. Each lozenge I popped in my mouth today- I BIT on each one as soon as it went in my mouth. As a result of no sucking and no dissolving, I am happy to report that I had almost zero anxiety. I enjoyed my day and it passed with an ease I had not experienced since maybe my adolescence- wow!!! I know that once I just do this 6 bites a day for a week, I can then put something else in my mouth to bite instead. Not gum. Chewing does NOTHING for me. I will not choose a sucking replacement as that brings back too many horrible memories of the 9 years I sucked each of those damn lozenges waiting for the nicotine to dissolve. I am thinking sweet tarts or skittles could work too. This is finally happening for me. Yay!!! 

SusanK1960

Oct-7

Hi Jerthie,

I had a quit partner on this forum, Wayne, who enjoyed sugar free cough lozenges, during his quit and after. Perhaps cough drops would give you the same oral fixation with zero nicotine.

Jerthie123

Oct-7

Thank you Susan! I am actually excited about picking my new replacement candy for the lozenges. Sugar-free cough drops sounds amazing! Thank you for sharing this useful tip! I am more anxious than I was yesterday, but I am riding out each craving with deep breaths and the determined attitude to succeed at something which I know is truly worth fighting for!