About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Anxiety almost gone   General Chit-Chat

Started Nov-7 by Jerthie123; 253 views.
Jerthie123

Nov-7

Hello all. Since I have cut down from 12 lozenges a day to 6 a day, my anxiety is pretty much gone. I am relieved and happy. I am no longer irritable. Life has opened up for me in new ways, as I go through the moments in the day with more authenticity. I used to go completing tasks throughout the day in an orderly fashion, measured out by 12 nicotine lozenges. Without a lozenge I felt lost. Though I still use 5-6 lozenges a day, I am encouraged and feel good, because when I get that lost or anxious feeling I no longer turn to a lozenge- instead I act authentically and do what I really want to be doing in and at that moment. It used to be that I used a lozenges to motivate me to start and complete my next task. Today, though my tasks are no longer done in an orderly fashion, and though my eating is no longer ordered either, my life is taking a turn for the better! I can't explain how fulfilled I feel just by cutting down half my intake. I feel like I am enjoying my life more, living authentically and really being present for others in the moment rather than being stuck in my head hungering for a lozenge. Can anyone relate to how reducing or quitting nicotine leads to more authentic living, and ultimately more happiness!

MarthaJC

Nov-7

Wonderful post Jerthie!! For me I think the increased happiness comes from no longer being under the control of a negative influence. Smoking ruled my life in some ways. I feel liberated from the guilt of knowing I was poisoning my body, and I feel proud that I've been able to quit. And I sure hope you feel proud because you are doing fantastic in your journey!!!!

best,

Martha

Jerthie123

Nov-7

Thank you Martha. I feel very proud of myself! You are so kind. I cannot explain what type of joy and liberation I feel, and I am not even at a full quit. I don't know when and if I will ever be 100% rid of nicotine for good, but I know I am at a good place right now; and am happy to stay put here for a little while. I did want a lozenge about an hour ago, but I did not give in to the craving. Instead I prayed out loud, vocalizing all of the emotions I felt at that moment. It turns out I was really just bored, looking for something to do or someone to talk to. Instead of sucking on a lozenge and being organized while doing so, I cleaned and ended up exclaiming out loud everything I want to do in life! It was fantastic! Had I had the relief of a lozenge, I am sure my mind would have been numbed by nicotine while trying to move on to the next thing on my to do list. Hopping on the forum and sharing with everyone all of the thoughts and emotions I am feeling while reducing my nicotine intake has been instrumental in my success. I feel so blessed to have this connection! Though I could have a lozenge now, I will not. Instead I will connect with someone and try to heal myself and that other person even more, by sharing my current experience and insight!

MarthaJC

Nov-7

You go girl!!!!

candrew

Nov-13

Hey Jerthie

Talk about sucking on your lozenges

I am doing the same with my pouches

addiction sucks anyway you do it

Been a little hyper these days maybe a little

”polar” don’t sleep much libate lots but otherwise

feel good My wife is berry concerned not the first time, ya know