About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Figuring this out..    Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-10 by Ss2point0; 673 views.
Ss2point0

Nov-10

I think I posted this in the wrong place before... but, I'll figure this out :)

Hi there! I'm excited and nervous to have found this space. :)  So far there has been a great amount of information here. So, thank you!!

I am on day 11 of my first time ever trying to quit. Honestly...I'm not sure I can say that because I had one disgusting drag off one of my old cig butts I saw laying on the ground 2 days ago.  I know that re-introduced nicotine into my system...but I didn't go buy a pack and I haven't smoked anything since then.

Anyway...I smoked for 35 years. I'm struggling daily with cravings. 

JavaNY

Nov-11

The important thing is you did not buy a pack. 11 days is a great start. Stay strong. 

Douglas8845

Nov-12

Good job Ss2point0!!!

Three days is amazing... 11 days means you've eliminated nicotine from your system.  We're here to help, I'd recommend that you checkout the November 2022 Ex-Smokers conversation where people who just started can hang out and talk about their quit experiences.  The group is going through similar struggles and it's great to share your viewpoint. 

We're here to help!

You are doing this and hopefully still haven't bought a pack!  Keep it up!

June2019

Nov-16

you can do it! keep focusing on getting past one craving at a time, one day at a time.

rooting for ya!

June (smoke free since 6/19 after numerous quits)

Anne2020

Nov-21

Those daily cravings will disappear into once in a while cravings very quickly but only if you do not smoke.  Not even one puff.  It is surprising how much of a difference it makes.  If you are still off the cigs from Nov 10 you are doing great, GREAT!!!  3 weeks and a bit - well done.  Build on your foundation - you will so happy you did.  Cravings will taper off and you will notice that you forget about smoking for awhile from time to time.  That is a good feeling.  Hang on to that.  The more time passes without cigs, the more peace you will find. 

Keep going, you can do this.  

LiJiaXi

Nov-30

For addicted people, this is definitely a challenge. I hope she can quit smoking as soon as possible. Nice to see your reply, are you an ex-smoker too?

Douglas8845

Nov-30

Hi Lijia, 

Yes, definitely was a smoker over 30 years, and my cigarettes of choice were Marlboro 100's red, pretty hard core stuff.  I smoked on average 28 cigarettes each day.  My last smoke was on July 23rd, 2012, which means I completed 10 years last July.  Three things were fundamental to my quit: the patch, the book The Easyway to Quit Smoking by Allen Carr and this group.  I used the full strength patch, 21 mg for four weeks, all day long.   Didn't sleep with it because of weird dreams.  At the beginning of the fifth week I left the house and forgot to put it on.  I decided to go without.  It was easier than I thought , which isn't the same as to say it was easy.  It was easier.  One day led to another, and another, days became weeks, weeks became months, months became years and before I knew it 10 years had gone by. 

I did not dream once that I was smoking.  I have dreamed about wanting to buy them, but for some reason I could not find anyplace that sold them.  Just as well.  I ever think about smoking anymore, I just remember them as something that was part of my life, but no longer is.  

I'm very thankful that I have quit, and am very thankful to this group.  I come here to show those that are struggling that this is possible, and so worth it.

If you are trying to quit, believe that you can do it.  One day at a time.

Msg 7180.9 deleted
xvaper

Dec-4

Hi Ss2point0,

How is it going? We all started from one hour, to a day, to a week and so on. I encourage you to read as much information on this website and look at links to invaluable information that explains addiction in ways you may have no known before. I can't stress enough how important it is to me in my quit, as well as all the support here. I am one year and 5 months nicotine free. Please  send updates, there is no judgement here. :)