About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hello   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Nov-22 by Kilocon; 329 views.
Kilocon

Nov-22

Been smoking since I was in high school, I'm now 39 years old and am fed up with being so chained to nicotine. Beginning my steps to quitting cold turkey. 12 hours in so far and have had a minor craving so far.

I find that glugging down a tall glass of water helps when I get cravings. Anyways, here's to a healthier life (and more money in the bank!)

Anne2020

Nov-22

I quit cold turkey as well.  To my mind, it is the easiest and fastest way through the nicotine and cravings. 

In three days, all of the nicotine is out of your body.  Cravings last a few minutes at best so all you need to do is distract yourself with something else until the craving subsides.  A craving is an indication that you are winning the fight to stay smoke free.  Every time you overcome that crave wave, you get stronger.  In a few days, you will start to notice periods of time when you forget  to think about smoking.  These peaceful periods become longer and longer over time until the crave waves have finally all but disappeared for you.

Distraction is key.  Find something else to do, to eat or drink and/or to think about.  Posting here is a great way to keep your hands occupied.  Reading the material in the library is also very helpful.  Sharing your experiences and reading about other's experiences really help to clarify what is happening and get ideas on how you can overcome the more difficult periods.

The first 3 days are the key.  Get pas that and you have set yourself on a path to your non-smoke lifestyle.  Trust me - it's great on the other side.    

Cheers!!

Hi there and welcome to the forum!  Sorry I'm a bit late on my welcome with the holiday here in the US.  Be sure to check out the November Ex-Smokers discussions.  It really helps to hear from people going through the same thing as you at roughly the same time.  

LiJiaXi

Nov-30

Glad to see this news, I'm not a smoker but I know it's bad for people's health so I'm watching this kind of news. I hope you can quit smoking as soon as possible successfully.

It's been a while since you posted, how has your recent quitting been doing?