About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Denim50

This community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

One year anniversary   Quit Support

Started Nov-28 by MarthaJC; 812 views.
MarthaJC

Nov-28

I quit smoking one year ago today -- thanks to coming down with Covid and feeling too awful to smoke. What a silver lining! I'm 63 and had smoked off and on since my teens. Here's what I know for sure: IF I CAN QUIT, ANYONE CAN! Not to minimize how difficult it is to shake this addiction.... but I'm posting to express my gratitude for this forum's tremendous, non-judgmental support. Do I still have cravings? Yes -- but not often, and I know how to deal with them. I have learned how powerful this addiction truly is. I cannot have one puff, and today I don't intend to.  If my mind veers into the realm of feeling nostalgiac about the pleasures of smoking, I recognize that that's an addiction seeking a fix. No way. I feel better, food tastes better, I'm saving money, and the more time goes by without smoking, the easier it is to forget about it. I encourage anybody who is reading this and struggling to remind yourself that it will get easier. If you slip, forgive yourself and try again. Don't give up! 

Loreficent

Nov-28

Parabéns Martha! Muito bem. 
That is fantastic. Isn’t it great to be able to step back and as you said “realize it is an addiction seeking a fix”? There is something to be said for being in that space of actually knowing your resolve. And yes…what a happy ending Covid story too.

I am really happy for you and hope that you are incredibly proud of yourself! Did you do something special to celebrate? 

MarthaJC

Nov-29

I did treat myself in honor of this occasion! Scheduled a facial:)  Thanks for your kind words!

SusanK1960

Nov-29

How wonderful!  Congratulations on your success!

?

Jerthie123

Nov-29

So happy for you MarthaJC! I am so so happy for you! What an inspiring post. Thank you for sharing! It gives me light and hope! I love it!!! I am not free of the lozenges yet. Sometimes I don't want to be, but it is posts like these that tell me maybe if I really want to and commit, then I can do it too! God bless you!

Martha!  Welcome to the One Year Club House and congratulations on earning your KEY!  I am so sorry that I missed this yesterday and wasn't here to congratulate you!  You have made it and we are so happy to have you here with us!  So glad you were able to celebrate and reward your efforts because that is HUGE! 

Balloon - Wikipedia

MarthaJC

Nov-29

Susan thanks for taking time out to write -- much appreciated! 

MarthaJC

Nov-29

Jerthie I think everything happens in the time it's supposed to happen -- you're doing great, you go girl!

MarthaJC

Nov-29

Thank you Cindi! I did not realize I was earning a key, but yeah, love it!  Virtual hugs all around ... Martha

It's the key to the Club House...absolutely!!!!