About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Debs Quit Journal   Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/23/15 by Deb (fluffersDeb); 34209 views.
In reply toRe: msg 222

To all newly quit quitters. Please feel free to read my quit story from the beginning as I've kept a detailed log of my quit journey. I encourage all of you to write your own journey as it really helped me see how far I had come when those wibbly wobbly times hit. All the long term quitters experienced similar obstacles and the emotional roller coaster ride. Stay stubborn and determined to shut that nicotine monster off for good. Even though the quit is tough you all are tougher. Hang in there long term it truly will be worth it.

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

Rassister

Nov-25

Your quit story helped me so much. I will be forever thankful.   Have a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends.  

Thankyou Rassister. I am so glad it helped you stay motivated and you are now proudly free. I hope new quitters read my journal and start one of their own as it helped me stay on course.  I wish you a wonderful holiday season. 

Hi Deb,

did you notice any improvement at the 4th month mark.  The 3rd month was full of the blues & anxiety.

I experienced a big difference in my moods and felt what others said was a type of peace in the quit in month 4. No matter what icky symptoms you are experiencing just keep plugging onward. One day at a time, deep breathing and distracting yourself become a boring daily routine but this will pay off. Be proud to be a quitter. Reread my entire journal and also start your own. This addiction is wicked so watch out for  those just one thoughts. Keep determined to end your addiction. I wish you the best of luck.

Thanks Deb, I’m hoping I feel better during the 4th month.  Mainly the third month, I’ve just been blue.  I do not want a cigarette   Never did have thecravings since I started, considering I had a small cancerous tumor removed the day after I quit.

Having a cancerous tumor must have been very nerve racking!! It seems so many people are getting cancers of varying types these days. I'm so glad you chose to quit cigarettes as they truly add to our DNA disruption and eventual progress towards cancer. The blues you are in right now are wicked as I had it bad too. But keep going as one day who will wake up and those blues have lifted. After that I found it easier to keep going. I still went through some blue periods here and there but nothing like that entire third month. Keep drinking lots of water and definitely do fun things to busy. You won't regret freeing your entire body of those stinking cigarettes as they truly are poisonous. Keep smiling and be a proud nonsmoker.

See the numbers on the top under the title click on #1 and that is the beginning of my journal.