About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 13761 views.

DEAREST VIV,

IT IS SO GOOD TO SEE THAT YOU ARE STILL HERE AND STILL WORKING FOR YOUR FREEDOM.  YOU DONT GIVE UP AND I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU.  TWO AND 1/2 YEARS IS A LOT OF HEALING TIME FOR YOUR BODY AND THAT IS A BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT.  I, TOO, AM STILL STRUGGLING WITH MY QUIT.  I HAVE BEEN COMING HERE, NOT POSTING, ALWAYS LURKING, SINCE 2010.  IN ALL THOSE YEARS IVE MANAGED TO GET ABOUT 2-3 YEARS SMOBER, JUST NOT ALL STRUNG TOGETHER. I THINK I HAVE QUIT ABOUT 2 MILLION  (MAYBE NOT, BUT CLOSE) TIMES, BUT I KEEP LEARNING SOMETHING NEW AS I GO.  I AM NOT GOOD AT POSTING , BUT I NEED TO LEARN.  I LIVE WITH A NEVER SMOKER AND A NOW SMOKER, SO REALLY FEEL I NEED THE SUPPORT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE TRYING TO QUIT.  I HAVE 7 MONTHS OF FREEDOM RIGHT NOW AND STILL HAVE SOME TOUGH DAYS, BUT AM LEARNING THAT THAT IS NORMAL AND OKAY.  TRYING NOT TO PANIC JUST BECAUSE I STILL THINK ABOUT SMOKING.  ALSO TRYING TO REMEMBER THAT I AM NOT SUPERWOMAN wink AND CAN'T CONTROL EVERYTHING.  ANYWAY, I'M RAMBLING, BUT JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU I AM PROUD OF YOU AND I GET WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH.  I WILL TRY REAL HARD TO STICK AROUND, POST ALOT, READ EVEN MORE  AND FIND THAT TRUE FREEDOM I SEEK.  ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!!