About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 32274 views.
Msg 89.155 deleted
In reply toRe: msg 154
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

3/29/17

Well, here I am again.    Lost my 8 1/2 month quit.    It is perfectly obvious to me that living a smoke free life is where I want to be.  The main catalyst I think was that I was feeling a bit vulnerable and hubby started smoking..........my irrational thinking said "why does he get to smoke."   Quit day 31st March.   I will find my folder of stuff I have kept like helpful things (sayings, articles, posts etc.)       One thing I don't do is the NOPE pledge.........will be noping from here on.    I need to change my mind......my battle is mostly in the mind.  My journal says moving forward........this incident certainly isn't in the category of moving forward........don't know how to change it - maybe it should be changed to "Everlasting  Journey".      

One thing I know is that there is always support on this forum.

More later.

Vivienne

Sorry to hear that nicotine monster got you once again. It sure makes it tough when your hubby smokes. I know you can jump right back in. Those cigarettes are poison - period. They destroy your lungs. You can do this! Hugs!

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 2013

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

3/29/17

31st March is my quit date deb.  You know you are my wonderful example, you have embraced the journey so well.    Thanks for your support.       I intend to keep a regular record of my feelings etc. in my journal.

A person is so stupid to smoke.........smoking creates a murky past.   Quitting creates a fruitful life.

How's all your exercise going.    I go to the gym at the physio on Mondays (geared towards arthritis management).  Zumba on Tuesdays Tai Chi on Fridays and walking group on Fridays to.     At least I still have all that in place. 

Moving forward (yes I will say it even though the last couple of days have not been a picture of moving forward).

I have rambled enough.

Thanks for the support.

Vivienne

Triff (breathefree)

3/29/17

I think this applies to us when we slip Viv

triff

ModAustinPen

3/29/17

My Dear Viv,

I send warm and loving thoughts to you. This is such a vicious addiction. Let's walk shoulder to shoulder on this one!!!

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

3/29/17

Thanks I need this.     If I really want the gift I need to get stronger and wiser.

x

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

3/29/17

Thank you dear Penny.  

love  Vivienne

l1717mary

3/30/17

VIV YOU CAN DO IT TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER KEEP GOING ONE DAY AT A TIME GOING FORWARD

mary

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

3/30/17

Thanks Mary. One thing I know for sure I am so glad this forum exists.   TOGETHER WE CAN DO IT.

Vivienne