About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 89859 views.
l1717mary

4/16/19

Hi Viv

Hope you are well.

Over the pass 3 years I have a buzzing sound in my ears plus ended in hospital for a day just was not feeling right felt when i walked i was going to one side got sick have to go and see ENT doctor that is tomorrow plus had a brain scan and they saw whit spots on brain. Dont know what all this means.  Plus have menopause. 

Had a few words with my son plus with sister the main thing is I am still quit the other problems will sort it self out.  I need to look after myself now and the main thing is to not smoke.

Feel good happy that I have quit but I just stay in my day or moment and this works for me.

Have a lovely Easter and keep noping

Mary

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

4/16/19

Hello Mary,         I do feel for you with all your health problems.    You are doing so well staying quit with so much going on.         Post here any time. and wishing you the best with your quit.   

Hugs

Vivienne

In reply toRe: msg 405
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

8/27/19

Well, here I am with cap in hand.    Since I have been on this wonderful forum I have had numerous quits, even passing the 1 year mark and on to 2 years.      Trouble is I never really kept a track of the dates etc.  

Have recently been to stay with my daughter for a few weeks......she smokes so what did I do....I smoked too.         It was a period of 3 weeks.      

Well I have been lurking around the forum and now I am tired of being a smoker.  Quit again on 24th August.      This time I am determined to make it stick, so will have to change around the things I do.

1.      Keep a note of time quit.

2. Don't leave the forum.

3. Thank God for each day smoke free.

4.  I have started a written journal.

So that is it.     I will be around.

Vivienne  Aussie      

alreadysick

8/27/19

So sorry that has happened to you. Viv. I'm still pretty much a newbie at 7 weeks, but I am determined not to let anything or anybody trip me up. Your post is a reminder to all of us of just how vulnerable we all are. Please stay on the forum with us, and together we can hold each other up. 

Best of luck to you!

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

8/27/19

This time I am doing things a little differently..........staying more active, keeping a written journal.   This forum is the best quit smoking tool there is.         I will also have to get rid of the feeling of "I just need one." Keeping up my exercise.      I am always better when exercising 4 times a week.... 

Thanks for visiting me.

Moving forward with you.    Vivienne 

Triff (breathefree)

9/2/19

Viv work on the damn little voice.Remember its just a thought and blow it away with relaxing breathing.Lie on the floor or couch and relax or better still cuddle you wee dog and tell it you wont breathe nasty stinking smoke near it.

My son has started again and OMG he absolutely stinks .In fact its so bad I dont want a hug.I think I am cured because I can remember those days the smell of someones smoke gave me the urge.

Keep close and swear at the monster

Triff

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

9/4/19

Thanks for your post Triff.      My husband hits the roof if I smoke but he comes upstairs after being in his shed (man's domain) and he smells like an ashtray.      The denial etc. is enough to make me want to stay quit.      I think I will be fine as long as I don't leave the forum.

Hugs

Vivienne

Brenda (1sept19)

9/4/19

Hello Viv,  I am back again also.  I need to stick close to the forum,  get rid of the "just one" thinking, ( I know I can't) and try to not let the blues get a hold of me.  It is truly amazing the hold nic has on me. I also live with a smoker, but need to let what he does not affect me and just be true to myself.  I am on this journey alone, so thankful for the forum.  I am also a sober alcoholic, so you would think I have this quitting stuff down pat, but alas, not the case.  So one day at a time, today I will not smoke.

Denim50

9/6/19

Hey Viv, 

How are you doing? How’s your quit going? Hope all is good with you and that you have a great weekend. Please stay close to the forum too as you get the chance and remind yourself often that you can do this. Thinking of you. relaxed 

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

9/8/19

Hi Brenda,      WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME.......

Hugs  Viv