About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 78646 views.

Thank you so much for your encouraging post.     Hope this will be my last quit.

Hugs

Vivienne

Brenda (1sept19)

Sep-9

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3) said:

WE ARE GOING TO DO IT THIS TIME....... Hugs  Viv

Yes we are, VIV !!!

Denim50

Sep-25

Hey Viv, 

Congratulations on a month smoke free! I’m happy to see you staying close to the forum. I’m also glad to here the Quit Line AU has helped you. You’re doing great. Keep going and remember that one isn’t ever one. Keep taking it day by day and stay strong. You can do it! Wishing you the best. Keep in touch. Hugs. relaxed 

• Edited September 25, 2019 10:09 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Sep-26

Hey Viv, 

I’m sorry I didn’t see this post from you on the 8th. Not sure if you’ve read it somewhere on the forum or not but, I left the forum on the 6th and didn’t return until the 9th. I was spending time with family. When I returned on the 9th I logged in and started making a few post, but had to log back out before finishing all the post I wanted to make or catching up because I started feeling bad. I went to the doctor and was told I needed to go to hospital. I’ve been back a few days and have been trying to catch up on everything. Anyway, thank you for this post. It’s great hearing from you. I do think this can be your last quit. Keep taking it day by day, one at time. A month smoke free is wonderful. You did it so long before and you can do it again. Stay in the moment and keep staying close to the forum. As Triff said, it’s just a thought, breathe through the craves. Also, continue to keep your guard up against it and don’t get too complacent. As you know, nicotine withdrawal is a sneaky little ____. You can do this and we’re all here for you Viv. Stay strong. Hugs. relaxed 

• Edited September 26, 2019 4:52 pm  by  Denim50
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Sep-26

Thanks for your support.  Not too bad this time around.

Viv

Denim50

Sep-26

Hey Viv, 

I’m so glad to hear that and I’m happy for you. relaxed 

4quitness

Sep-27

Hey Viv,

I couldn't imagine going through this a second time. Do you think it's easier this time because you didn't have as many years invested?

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Sep-27

I think it is easier this time because i am more determined. How id your quit going.

Aussie viv

4quitness

Sep-28

Hey Viv,

I am doing really well. It helps to have a supportive family, although it seems like everyone is starting to get a bit impatient with me. It's kind of like they think I should be over this by now. Hubby is still treating me well. He just bought me 4 huge bags of chocolate. He knows I'm trying to watch my weight. Bless his heart! One of my daughters already bought me a lovely dress for my 3 mth. anniversary. She said she knew it was a bit early but she couldn't wait to give it to me. I am grateful for my loving, supportive family. I know I'm the one that has made this happen, but I don't think I could do it without their support. I just hope they continue to be more patient with me.

You need to tell your daughter that you need all of her support if you haven't already. It is sometimes imperative to make your wishes known to family and friends before and during your quit. Either way, you have it this time!

Michele

Killed the beast 7/9/19

Denim50

Oct-6

Hey Viv, 

I sent you a pm.