About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 69116 views.
Denim50

Oct-27

Hey Viv, 

Congratulations on two months smoke free! Sorry I missed posting this the other day but I did pm you again the other day. Did your husband see the doctor yet about his throat? Hope everything is okay. Talk again soon. Have a great day.  

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Oct-27

Tks.  Aiming on this being my forever quit.  Hubby sees dr next week.  Tks for asking.

Hugs

Aussie viv

MarkOU812

Oct-27

You got this Viv, way to go

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Oct-27

Tks.  One thiñg i know I am tired of losing quits.   Likethey say cigs are not that good anyway.  I have two months..plan to make this my forever quit.

Thanks for visiting my journal.

Aussie ViV

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Oct-31

Thank you so much.        It cheered me up.   I am having an argument with some charity that says I agreed to support them.........Not that I am adverse to that, I just feel coerced.    Normally This incident would be worth at least three smokes.....yay...no more.

How do I get to the pm's

Hugs

Viv

Denim50

Oct-31

Hey Viv, 

So glad we’re on this journey together. I see you found the pm’s at the top of the screen. Thank you so much for your message too.

Charity is fine but feeling coerced isn’t. If you’re not comfortable with it or feel that what they’re saying is untrue about you agreeing to support them, I wouldn’t do it. It should be your choice. Anyway, it seems to me that if you agreed to such a thing you’d remember. Sounds like they’re trying to force something but that’s only my opinion. I know what you mean about the three. It would get on my nerves too if someone was trying to argue with me, saying I agreed to something that I didn’t, but thankfully we’re staying strong. It’s not worth losing our quits over. So yeah, YAY YOU on not smoking. So proud of you Viv! Keep going. Hugs. 

• Edited October 31, 2019 8:05 pm  by  Denim50
Denim50

Nov-13

Hey Viv, 

How did your hubby’s appointment go? Everything okay? How was the reunion? I hope you had a wonderful time. I hope you’re getting out and enjoying a bit of the warmer weather. It is so cold here today. I’m cooking a big pot of soup today. Good day for it. You’re really doing awesome with this quit. It won’t be long until you’re celebrating your three month milestone. So happy for you Viv. Hope you’re having a great day.  

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

The appointment has been put on hold.  We have bushfires all around the town and roads closed etc.    They will ring him when they have a vacancy.     His voice is fine now.      I also had a cough and croaky voice so I think we just picked up a virus.    With his past history dr. likes to be sure.

Thanks for caring.

Viv

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

Nov-13

Hello   I forgot to tell you about the reunion.  My son booked the accommodation and said he wanted up market............great accommodation and food.........Only my sister still smokes so really no incentives to smoke which was good. 

xxViv

(((Viv))) - I'm so glad to see you back at the Forum! I always enjoyed our chats. Remember on those not-so-great days: I am stronger than this challenge and this challenge is making me stronger!

I'm not sure what part of Aussie you call home but I hope are safe from the fires threatening so many homes.

Hugs, Jenn