About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 90168 views.
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/21/19

I am sure Neil would like to know people on the quit smoking forum àre concerned for him.  Apart from anything else i think we are too old to smoke  Good.

Hugs 

Viv

In reply toRe: msg 444
VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/23/19

I have reached 3 months today.  The start of many more.......it is 24th November 2019 here.   Thanks for the support that has got me here.....here being never give up on quitting because quitting is a worthwhile thing to do.......

Vivienne

quit 24Aug.2019.

Belinda2019

11/23/19

Congratulations Viv you legend tada three stars for you blush

What an inspiration you are to all of us gift_heart

So proud of and for you heart_eyes

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/23/19

Thanks Belinda.  I have lost a few quits but intend to hang on to this one.

How are you doing?

Viv        

Quit 24\aug19

Belinda2019

11/23/19

I’m having a tough one today. Just taking it minute by minute. Feeling very teary and alone. Am fighting nico demon telling me ‘just one’. So very, very hard. It seems that most Sundays are like this for me since the quit - I really should get out more, but hard as a single mum in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, have put myself to bed, hopefully will feel better after a nap. 
So pleased for you with your 3 months xxxx I only have 6 weeks and about 3 days to go until I’m there too blush

VIV691 (NOSMOKING3)

11/23/19

Hello Belinda.  Sounds like you are having a hard time right now. Going to bed is often advised on this forum and i am all for going to bed and watching Tv.   Hope your funk does not last too long.

Hugs across the miles.

Viv

SusanK1960

11/23/19

Hi Sweet Lady,

Im sorry to hear you are having bad day with Junkie Thinking.  I was so JTing yesterday! Not once, but twice, planning how to have just one.  Journaled the answers to the questions about relapsing, smoked my straw and listened to a Clear Negative Energy Meditation.  All better today! 

• Edited November 23, 2019 9:43 pm  by  SusanK1960

3 Months Done & Over!! You definitely have proven that you are no sissy! You just keep saying NOPE and never fall for that just one thinking ever again. Hope the bush fires get under control as we have seen on tv it's been horrible for your fellow Australians and the wildlife. Stay safe. Onto month 4 for you! 

"Quitting isn't for Sissies!" I quit poisoning myself Sept. 27, 13

Brenda (1sept19)

11/24/19

Congratulations, Viv.  3 months is awesome !  It is great to be traveling this path with you and I think we are both going to do this.  So proud of you, Viv.  On to the 4th.......

Brenda (1sept19)

11/24/19

Belinda,

Do something really nice for yourself every Sunday.  Cook your favorite food or put on your favorite music and dance.  Make Sunday your special day and turn that blue day into a special day.  Make Sunday the day that you celebrate another week of freedom.  You are doing so good and I am so proud of you. blush