About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

VIV MOVING FORWARD    Quit Stories and Journals

Started 8/24/15 by VIV691; 89913 views.
Lainie (elaineadele)

12/5/19

Hey Viv,

Did you use Nicorette lozenges?  Is it OK to use them in moderation

after 12 week?

SusanK1960

12/5/19

Hi Viv,

Glad you are back and all is well!

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Thanks for your lovely message.       When I got locked out of my old account my daughter was quite distraught.    She said....What are you going to do Mum,  all the people you talk to are on there.  So....family notice that this forum is a good thing.

Glad you like the photo....it is a long time since we had a photo all together.

Ok,    on to 4 months.   And a bit of exercise....I have put on weight.

Talk soon.

Hugs

Viv

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Hello,  so pleased I worked out a way to stay in touch on the forum.   I was very proud that I actually worked it all out (I think!).

Fires have died down in some parts around here but there are still properties in danger...AND THE SMOKE IN THE AIR....YUK.

How is everything in your neck of the woods.   We are both heading for 4 months.     

When I couldn't post I was sure everybody would think I had busted again, because I have done that in the past....reach a milestone then bust.      This time I really do feel more confident and want to stay off the merry go round.

Wishing you smoke free days.    (Both from the smoke in the air and our enemy)>           See you at 4 months.

Hugs

Viv

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Hello Brenda.       The lovely messages from you and others has totally convinced me that we are indeed amongst friends.   Glad you like the pic.    My son was emphatic that we needed a family photo because we had never had one.    Three non smoking kids....YAY>

How is your quit going.          You are heading towards 4 months too.

YAY us.

Hugs

Viv    

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Nice to be missed.  Thanks for the message.   One reason I didn't want to lose contact with the forum is because of the support offered by members of about smoking.  Thanks for caring.

How is your quit going?

Viv

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Hello.          How is everything with you today.       I have had numerous tries at quitting.        I haven't used nicorette lozenges much, but one time I used them regularly and I was using so many I overdosed myself.           I ended up with a major panic attack in hospital emergency.

That was the end of the lozenges for me.

Do you have Quit Smoking Counsellors where you are or a Telephone line you can phone for advice.    We have a Quit Line in Australia and they were helpful in getting me off the lozenges.

I have had a few goes at quitting but have not used lozenges since the hospital incident.

Hope your quit is going good.

Viv

VIVSMOKEFREE

12/6/19

Thanks Susan........My quit is still intact....after a very BIGGGGGGGGG/23#####&&         argument with the computer.

How is your quit going.        How far are you along.......Is it three months...           Hope all is going well for you.

Hugs

Viv

Ovivi

12/6/19

My quit is going much better the last few days. Today is 3 months for me! It feels like I’ve gotten through the last icky 3!

How is your quit going, Viv?

Brenda (1sept19)

12/6/19

I am doing good, Viv.  I have my days but for the most part I am doing really well.  I am getting really good at telling old Nic to nick off.  That is wonderful that your 3 kids don't smoke and now neither does Mom.  It is a lovely picture.  Onward to the 4th month, we are doing this, Viv !!