About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The Face of Stage 4 Lung Cancer   General Chit-Chat

Started 1/9/16 by sroya; 133142 views.

Steve so pleased you are able to be out.Remember we are not disabled just mobility impaired or such.After all you are actually able to do things just with more effort and time.

I hope you had a great lunch too

Triff

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-7

Steven,

So glad to hear you have been able to be out and about and even go to lunch with your friends.

Probably a better to use mass transport rather then to worry the wife that you are out driving.

Enjoy your new found life.....sue quit 3/17/2016

Rich (lexx0)

Nov-8

Steven, you continue to amaze me.  I've been up a couple of nights suffering effects of Peripheral neuropathy from chemo.  Was annoying for the past few weeks, this week chronic.  Walking can help but not with the temps dropping. Guess I'll be keeping my chemo doc appt Thur and see if there is anything else that can be tried.  What you and I have gone through eh?

Keep up the good fight and sorry I wasn't back here sooner.  Linda is on the countdown to transplant and we've been back and forth to the hospital almost bi weekly.  Transplant will be terrible we are told, I'm not sure my feet can handle taking her back and forth every day for two months after the sct.  Guess I'll do what I have to. You keep doing what you have to and I'll check back in on you soon.

Rich

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-8

Hi Rich,

Sorry you are having a rough time with the peripheral neuropathy - hope they can find something to help you.

When does LInda get her transplant? Is there any transport if you can not do the daily trips? Talk with the social workers next trip to the hospital to see if anything available. Know you want to be superman and do it yourself but if you can't, you can't.

Take care of yourself and Linda....sue quit 3/17/2016

Rich (lexx0)

Nov-8

Do what I have to, its the lack of sleep.  Wish I had known about this 12 months ago, would of taken steps to attempt to avoid it.  Tomorrow I'll see what my next step is. Seems to get worse with a cold, which the weather changed 3 days ago, sheesh, and my mother is back in nursing home with broken leg bones again, next 2/3 months is going to suck.  If push come to shove, we/I can leave Linda in the hospital a week at a time.  She worries too much about me ;(

Rich

SueP (josep2001)

Nov-8

Rich, 

Sorry to hear your mother has broken leg and is in a nursing home again, And of course Linda worries a lot about you - same as you worry about her.

You said you "wish you had known about this 12 months ago, would have taken steps to avoid it" What of this could you have avoided? Think your situation and Linda's are what they are and you just have to deal the best you can, same as with your mother's. Can't change anything.

Lack of sleep can be a very big deal, especially if you are going to be driving back and forth - would not be good if you nod off and get in an accident.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers......sue quit 3/17/2016

karenvans

Nov-9

Rich: So sorry for all you and Linda are going through. Are their any neighbors or relatives that would be willing to help you two?

karenvans

Nov-9

Steven: So glad you went out to lunch with friends. I bet it was wonderful.

Rich I am sorry the chemo has left its mark on you just when you need extra strength for Linda.I do hope you are given the tests to confirm this and from my experience with My Dad there was medication for pain etc and occupational and physiotherapy too.I do know my acupuncturist uses this to help the body open those channels of energy and circulation with good effect.

With you being so busy and not well I think you may need to accept help even if its just a break in transporting Linda .You may have many volunteer services in your area that will do just that.When my Mum need radiotherapy etc and I was having a baby wonderful people from the cancer society drove her everywhere.These people were trained in caring and moving .Red cross here do the same.Mum actually enjoyed these people as a change and they shared tips they had learned along the way.

I honestly don't know why we have to suffer so much stress at once with all and your Mum being in care with a broken leg might actually relieve you a bit if you firmly tell MUm you are unwell and this is a crisis for Linda.Any possibility of Skyping Mum for a few weeks?I know someone who does it to his old Mum in another country and its helpful to them both.

Please care for yourself and I hope you get answers son tha thelp

Kind regards Triff

sroya

Nov-10

Have been active all week Bible study visiting friends at their homes church, to the store  to run errands coffee at Panera's airport museum, a couple of doughnut run, and lots of moving around the house . I never thought I'd seen this kind of week after my medical event but now my knees are swollen so I paid a price for being active so now I will rest  and hopefully the legs will go down. I am still not permitted to drive so my independence  is still blunted if my legs go down I am going to make another effort towards my independence as far as driving and getting around goes. Take care y'all.