About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

The Face of Stage 4 Lung Cancer   General Chit-Chat

Started 1/9/16 by sroya; 90902 views.
Triff (breathefree)

12/15/16

Hi Rich I am glad you came through it and can now build up strength to continue all the ups and downs of your treatment.We all send thoughts of strength and hope to you both during this testing time

Triff

Rich (lexx0)

12/15/16

I had weekly blood work, was ok in the office but the moment I got home they called and said my potassium was dangerously low, made me run back to the pharm and get horse pills then tomorrow I have to get intervenious potassium for 2 hrs, then keep taking horse pills the next 3 days, smh.  I feel like I'm living there, I can imagine how Sroya feels.

Rich

Triff (breathefree)

12/15/16

Rich  I know it seems so tiring,unbelievable that this is happening but take tiny steps at a time.Sure some go forward but like anything else backward one occurs.Its a roller coaster ride and you need heaps of rest,peace,good food and juices along with as much support as you can get to keep your spirits up.

Everyone sends thoughts to you and Sroya every day in the hope it will help you get through this ordeal.

It often seems so disorganised which in itself is not helpful.Do you have a dedicated nurse/adviser?Where I live they have an oncology support nurse who comes with you to all appointments to help you understand and follow orders plus co  ordinate your treatment.It means less mucking around and help you gain whatever support/aid or anything else that will help you along your road to wellness.She is there to advocate for you

Triff

Msg 931.516 deleted
Rich (lexx0)

12/16/16

They said it was safe to remove the mask and not worry about it until the next chemo, so I relented.   It was like 3hrs, stuff has to be infused slowly.  Boring there except the banter from the other patients can be good ;D

Rich

Have a great weekend folks, I'm going to go see my mother, she is at home and this will be the only time to see her the rest of December, so gonna make it a good day out with the family.

Msg 931.518 deleted
karenvans

12/17/16

Rich: So happy you are going to see your Mom. Have a great weekend with your family.

Douglas8845

12/17/16

Hey sroya,  good to hear from you and it seems you're almost back to normal.  I really want to thank you for sharing  your journey.  If/when my time comes i'll remember the grace with which you are handling things and try to match, or maybe, just come e close to it.

sroya

12/17/16

Thank you kindly but it's not all grace. All of the time. I am sometimes inconsolable and difficult to be around when I'm sick. 

Douglas8845

12/17/16

I would be insufferable,  you're handling things way better than I would.