About Smoking Cessation Forum

Hosted by Terry (abquitsmking)|Verywell.com Smoking Cessation

Formerly known as the About.com Smoking Cessation support forum, this community is open to all who are recovering from nicotine addiction.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Welcome May 2017 Ex-Smokers   Introductions/Newcomers Nook

Started Apr-30 by ModJenn (blakwolf013); 21490 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
SueP (josep2001)

May-7

Hi Judith,

Just checking in to see how you are doing with your quit.Hope you got past that old smoke that you found that was left out.

Hope you are doing OK and have a good smoke free night.....Sue quit 3/17/2016

SueP (josep2001)

May-7

Hi Nora

Just checking in on you to say hi and to see how you are doing on with your quit. 

Hope all is well and you stop by and let us know how you are doing.

Have a great smoke free night.....Sue quit 3/17/2016

Douglas8845

May-7

You're doing great Bev!

Bev_1977

May-8

Thanks, Douglas!

I am days away from the 6 month mark. I'm starting to feel balanced. 

I'm in control.

Bev

star x 5

Quit November 12, 2016

Five months, three weeks, four days, 3 hours, 24 minutes and 26 seconds. 3522 cigarettes not smoked, saving $1,060.12. Life saved: 1 week, 5 days, 5 hours, 30 minutes.

ICanDoThis

May-8

Hi Sue,

That's really kind of you to check up on me. My quit did not go well and I'm back to the nicotine lozenges, which are as addictive for me as cigarettes but I consider as the lesser of two evils. Perhaps I'll try again down the line.

Nora

SueP (josep2001)

May-8

Hi Nora

Yes the lozenges are better then smoking but a lot of folks her on the forum say both them and the gum are addictive. I could not use either - stomach issues so used the patch and had no problem weaning off of them. I used the weakest step 3 (7mg)  for 4 weeks then cut those in half for 2 more weeks then nothing. I tried the step 2 and they were too strong.

Hope your next try at coming off the lozenges works better for you - are you following the directions or just using as needed. Just curious and do not know which is the better way.

Have a great smoke free day.

sue quit 3/17/2016

Neats (1146)

May-8

Hi Bev, 

I am just having a mooch around the forum and see you so close to 6 months, 

Wow! your doing fantastic thumbsup

Douglas8845

May-8

Good for you, great job you're doing!  I so remember how much you struggled in the beginning... maybe a form of peace is beginning to settle on you...  Never let your guard down though... stay alert.  

I had a quit meter in my phone, and oftentimes when I felt the urge to smoke I would check on it.  It reinforced my quit, gave me strength.  I see you have the count on your signature.. The show in hard numbers how far we've come.

That's great Bev,

Approaching 6 months, Wow, well done.

Have a great smoke free day Bev

Kind regards

Anthony

One week, three days, 2 hours, 30 minutes and 48 seconds. 353 cigarettes not smoked, saving $317.40. Life saved: 1 day, 5 hours, 25 minutes.

Hi Nora,

I know it seems like you're defeating the purpose by taking NRT, but look at it this way, Your giving yourself space from smoking, NRT does not have the tar and all those poisonous chemicals going through your body, while with the NRT you can work on your triggers, and all the psychological (JT) that goes on. I mean if you can quit cold turkey well done. I am using NRT, I was a 35 a day smoker, I used the patches to reduce this to 20/day and then quit, it is still a work in progress, for I have crashed quite a few times, now I am using the patch 21mg and a losenge 2mg and still getting cravings, but I am confident it will wear off. Whatever you decide keep coming to the forum and read the knowledge based articles, they maintain motivation, don't give up.

Have a great smoke free day Nora

Kind regards

Anthony

One week, three days, 2 hours, 49 minutes and 11 seconds. 354 cigarettes not smoked, saving $317.81. Life saved: 1 day, 5 hours, 30 minutes.